Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2017, 04:09 PM
    Combination GFI Plug & Coach Light..
    Have a Combination GFI Plug Receptacle & Coach Light off the Patio Door. It was Installed 7 yrs ago.. We've plugged in a Circular Saw or Mitor Saw many times.. Was using the Mitor Saw a couple days ago with no problems, Until.. In order to Plug into this GFI Plug for Power the Coach Light has to be turned on.. In between jobs we noticed the Coach Light was out, pressed the Test / ReSet Buttons a couple times.. The Indicator Light was Not shinning.. Flipped all Single Pole Breakers on the Panel OFF/ON as there is no diagram or numbered ledger indicating which Breaker is for What.. Would it be fair to Assume the GFI Plug has gone Defective? Thoughts Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2017, 04:01 AM
    If the GFI has no power and can't be reset, the light on the GFI in no longer on and all the breakers are on...
    It's probably the GFI....
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2017, 05:41 AM
    See if you have power to the GFI. GFI's will not reset without power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I add a 60 amp GFI (for new hot tub) to my 100 amp service panel? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used hot tub. It comes with a 60 amp gfi switch. My home has 100 amp panel. I presently have 5 small pony boxes off the main panel. It is old style glass screw in fuses. House built in '68. Can I just add another pony box rated for 60 amp fuses ? If not, do I then need to rewire...

15 amp GFI receptacle on a 20 amp circuit [ 1 Answers ]

Can a 15 amp GFI receptacle be used on a 20 amp circuit wired with 12 gage wire? I understand that it is okay to use 15 amp receptacles and switches on 20 amp circuit breakers wired with 12 gage wire.

Correction-GFI & AFI Breakers & Shared Neutrals [ 3 Answers ]

I need to submit a correction to some advice I had furnished in the past regarding Ground Fault and Arc Fault circuit breakers being used on shared neutrals. I had in mind the typical single pole 120 volt breakers that will not work if two breakers are used for two 120 volt circuits that share a...

View more questions Search