Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBE1891 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2017, 02:31 PM
    Current tranformer ratio
    Good day,

Current transformer ratio is dependent on loops in primary and secondary winding. If I have a 100/5A transformer with one loop, (no loop really, just the cord going straight through), in primary and current flow is 10A, the A-meter will show 10A, (0.5A in secondary loop).
    If I make another loop in primary I will have a 50/5A transformer.
    What will the A-meter show? (Without adjusting it).
    Will it show 10A, since that's the current flow, or will it show 1A since the ratio is 10/1?

/Matt
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2017, 11:34 AM
    This may help. If you clamp a clampon ampmeter on a straight wire and it reads 2 amps, then make a loop so it goes around 2 coils, meter will read 4 amps. Make 10 loops and meter will read 20 amps. It especially helpful when reading very low current(meter barely moves)with 10 coils/loops, if current reads 2 amps, actual current would be .2 amps(1/10th)
    BBE1891 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2017, 04:11 AM
    Stratmando/

Perfect!
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Given inventories, total assets, current ratio, acid-test ratio, and debt to equity r [ 0 Answers ]

Determine the following 2011 balance sheet items using the information provided in the problem. Current Assets Shareholders’ Equity Noncurrent Assets Long-term liabilities The December 31, 2011, balance sheet revealed the following: Inventories $ 840,000 Total...

Assuming a current ratio of 1.0 and an acid-test ratio of 0.80, how will the borrowin [ 4 Answers ]

Assuming a current ratio of 1.0 and an acid-test ratio of 0.80, how will the borrowing of cash by issuing a six-month note payable affect each ratio? Decrease the current ratio and decrease the acid-test ratio. Increase the current ratio and increase the acid-test ratio. No change to...

A company's had a quick ratio of 1.4, a current ratio of 3.0, an inventory turnover o [ 0 Answers ]

A company's had a quick ratio of 1.4, a current ratio of 3.0, an inventory turnover of 6 times, total current assets of $675,000, and cash and marketable securities of $100.000 in 2007. What were the company's annual sales and its ACP for that year?

Financial ratio limitations - current ratio and debt to equity [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem which is as follows; Contracts with lenders, such as bonds typically place restrictions on the financial statement ratios. Two commonly used ratios are the current ratio and the debt-to-equity ratio. Why is it that these appear as restrictions, that is, do they protect the...

View more questions Search