Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2017, 09:42 AM
    Sub: data to be Updated automatically under the respective heads in an excel sheet
    Sir,
    I have enclosed a Question Summary in MS word to describe the question in detail
    I have also enclosed one excel table to describe the question and answer required in data format.
    I want a query/ macro to do the following in an automated mode:

Q1: The Excel table contains one worksheet titled master sheet and another worksheet titled data-sheet which is generated every day.
    It also contains answer sheets which are titled master sheet (revised), OP, HIGH, LOW and CP.
    In this regard,
    1) I want the data to be Updated automatically under the respective heads by
    Excluding(deleting) the data relating to the oldest date
    And including(adding) data relating to the latest date
    So that the total number of columns in Mastersheet remains unchanged. (as in Ans-Mastersheet)
    2) I also want the data to be Updated automatically under the respective heads as an additional column in the work sheets OP, HIGH, LOW and CP. (as in Ans- OP, HIGH, LOW and CP)

Q2: I want to extract data relating to specified (fixed) number of columns from the worksheets OP, HIGH, LOW and CP in an automated mode.
    For Example,
    From worksheet on OP, Extract the following:
    (I) extract last 5 column from the end(latest & last 5 columns)
    (ii) extract first 5 column from the beginning(oldest & first 5 columns)
    (iii) extract any ‘n’ number of columns specified from any date to any other date (here in the example from ‘OP-30-3’ to ‘OP-7-4’ column)

Note: The answer sheets should get automated as and when the data-sheet is replaced for the next date on a daily basis.
    With regards,
    vks64
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip Query sum abridged.zip (12.3 KB, 10 views)
  2. File Type: zip Q&A abridged.zip (73.7 KB, 12 views)

Check out some similar questions!

How to link one sheet data to another in excel [ 1 Answers ]

I have prepare one monthly work hours report. First I create two excel sheet One sheet for employees hours entry sheet Another one sheet for consolidated sheet. If they enter hours entry sheet then update consolidated automaticaly(becoz I link in 2 sheets) But my questions I created hours...

Linking of Excel sheets and updating the data from one sheet to all the sheets [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have a problem. I want all of your help in solving the problem. For the purpose, I have created a sample sheet and enclosed: The sample sheet contains four worksheets in it. The first worksheet titled “schools performance” is the master sheet and all the next three work sheets (sub...

Change imported excel data from table structure to plain data [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an excel spreadsheet that contains some imported tables. The tables contain close to 1 million records each. The tables come from an Access query that I import using Data --> Get External Data --> From Access. The problem is, the import sets the data up as an excel table which...

Eliminate data in sheet 1 from sheet 2 in excel [ 1 Answers ]

I've got 4000 names in Sheet 1 and I've got 200 names is Sheet 2. The names of 200 person in Sheet 2 also contain in Sheet 1. I would like to ask how can I eliminate names in Sheet 1 (4000 names) based on names in Sheet 2 (200 names).

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.