Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ericadawn2017 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2017, 10:36 AM
    Preparing automatic repair loop Acer aspire laptop
    Hi. I had a pop up on my laptop saying it wanted to update Windows or whatever and I kept putting it off. It would say restart computer now or remind me later so I always hit remind me later. Well finally it just went and restarted itself to upgrade windows or whatever and ever since then, I can't get to Windows. I just pops up and if I left it, I would just repeat the message preparing automatic repair and then go to diagnosing your PC and restart the computer over and over again until I guess the battery dies. But it's not under warranty and I really don't have the money to pay anyone. I wish I did. And I have I have had this computer since November and now this is happening. I called Microsoft but of course, they wanted money but he did tell that on the f2 screen, it can be fixed. So please, I'm begging because it's the first computer I have ever had. Please help! Thanks. --Erica
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Apr 14, 2017, 08:48 AM
    You didn't mention what operating system you have on your laptop so I can't give you too specific an answer. If the F2 suggestion gets you to the Safe Mode screen you can try to access System Restore to put your PC back to a date before the problem occurred. If it gets you to a repair screen you can let it attempt a repair of the system. Either way there are risks involved. Another attempt can be made using the sfc scannow command if you can get into Safe Mode. What you would do is hit the start button (unless you have Win8) and select All Programs > Accessories and then right click on the command promt icon and select "Run as Administrator" when it opens, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the / The OS will then run a check on system files and repair or replace corrupted ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer laptop computer aspire 7736Z-4088 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to get a full screen picture with my crystal eye webcam

What steps do I have to go through to access wifi with an acer aspire 5517 laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

The only way I can access the menu which shows available wifi connections on my Acer Aspire 5517 laptop is to click on Control Panel, then click on Network and Internet, then click on Connect to Internet, and then the menu showing available wifi connections appears. Isn't there an easier way? I...

Resetting the password on a acer aspire 6930g laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been given an acer aspire 6930g laptop but unfortunely it has the old user's password left on it which I do not know,is there any way of bypassing the login screen?

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have been having a lengthy discussion about laptops in another post and I have come to the decision that I am going to buy this laptop. However I'm just wondering is there anyone here that has this laptop? Or a laptop that betters it for the same price? Thanks a lot.

View more questions Search