Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skye Redd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2017, 12:13 AM
    What's my chances of being pregnant?
    Is it possible I am exspecting. I had my last period March 22nd / March 27th and my husband and I had intercorse on the 1st 2nd & 3rd of April he cam in me on the April 2nd & 3rd . I down loaded the P.C app earlier this morning & it said my fertilize window would be from March 30th/ April 5th. What's my chances of being pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2017, 04:42 AM
    PC apps are worthless. Unless you have medial testing done or keep a daily Basil Temperature chart... you won't know when your fertile period actually is.

Far to many unknown variables for anyone to put a percentage number to what your chances are. Some people try for years before success, others have it happen the first time even if they aren't trying.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2017, 05:29 AM
    I haven't seen anyone calculate the odds. So there is no way to answer your question. The only thing you can do is wait until the beginning of May. If you haven't gotten your period by then, you can take an HPT.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2017, 02:53 PM
    The likelihood is put at approximately 20% of becoming pregnant in any given cycle even with good timing.

If you happened to ovulate within the average, which ovulation calculators follow, you have a chance of being pregnant.

If you happen to be one of the many women who naturally ovulate outside the norm, you wouldn't be pregnant.

Timing is obviously necessary, but it is only one piece of the puzzle. This is why it can take many couples quite a bit of time, even when actively trying.

Actively trying is when you are tracking ovulation to best time intercourse. If you have regular cycles, the app gives you a starting place. Check out other means of tracking ovulation to better get an idea of when you are likely to be close to ovulation.

In addition, if you haven't already, consider making any lifestyle changes that both you and your partner can make to be in the best health possible prior to conceiving.

Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2017, 05:32 PM
    To answer if it's possible that you're expecting. Yes, it is. Any time you have sex, pregnancy is possible. The apps, they're not very accurate. For some women they are, but it really depends on the individual. The most reliable way of determining ovulation is by taking your basal temperature reading every day for 6 months to determine when in your cycle, you ovulate.

There are also ovulation testing kits. It's a lot like a pregnancy test, you pee on it, and it tells you if you're ovulating. I'm not sure of their accuracy, I've never used them. I do know that they can get expensive, and even if you're ovulating, pregnancy isn't a sure thing.

If you're trying to conceive, realize that it can take 6 months to a year for the average couple to conceive. So don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away.

As for this cycle, wait until your next period is due. If you miss it, wait at least a week, 2 will be more accurate, and then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it as well, then test again, or get a blood test at your doctors office, which is more accurate.

If you miss and the test is negative, start prenatal vitamins. It won't harm you at all, but it will make all the difference for your baby. If you drink alcohol, stop. If you're a smoker, talk to your doctor about how to quit. It's not always good to go cold turkey with smoking, but make a plan to quit now, even if you're not pregnant, because if you're planning on becoming pregnant, it's best to stop smoking before you start trying. Eat healthy, lots of fluids, lots of rest.

I hope this turns out the way you want it to. If it doesn't, there's always next month. Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there chances of getting pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend on 25th march and the condom ripped off. I took I-pill(ECP) 22 hours later. I didn't face much side effects. My period was expected on 28th march. By how many days it is likely to get postponed? Are there any chances of me getting pregnant?

What are the chances of me being pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and he always pulls out before finishing. I'm on the pill, but I don't always take it on the same time every day. And now I'm 2 days late for my period, I don't want to tell him because I don't want to make him worried. But what are the chances that I am...

What are the chances of my being pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking microgestion and have bee on if for a year or more now, I haven't missed a pill in awhile but I made sure when I did I took it as soon as I remembered. Me and my boyfriend had sex the other day and as he was pulling out he got some of his sperm right on the edge of the opening. I am...

What are the chances of me been pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant, and if so what are the chances? My period started on the 20th May and lasted till the 26th, I had sex with my boyfriend on the 27th, 28th, 29th 30th, 31st and the 2nd, we did not use contraception and each time he came inside me. What are the chances of me been pregnant? And...

View more questions Search