Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmorelli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
    Need to find a facility to do required sticks in order to take phlebotomy cert 08037
    Graduated from a phlebotomy course and am getting no asst. from the school to find
    A Lab who will allow me to do my required internship ie: venapuncture sticks.
    I have called every possible lab/hospital/ I can think of.
    Can someone please help me.
    At this point, I have paid hundreads of dollors for nothing.
    Thanks,
    Carol
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2017, 01:29 PM
    You need to tell us where you are located as this is an International site.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 10, 2017, 04:56 PM
    Hammonton, NJ?

I just read a site about training for a certificate there. Dismal English. Here's an example.

There may be several Phlebotomy Schools in your area which recruits fresher or may be persons with the experience for this purpose. So you can be sure to get a job after the completion of the Phlebotomy Training. If you have already decided to go for the certification course it is worthless to say that you have picked up one of the better ways of earning money in the market. The only thing you have to consider is the Phlebotomy Training during the course of the certification. You have to be engaged with the institute for full-time for six months Phlebotomy Training. You may also choose a one year part-time training.

Anyway, I see a list of schools, and some say accredited, and some say certificate.
    I have a feeling that you are not finding any takers because you didn't go to an accredited school, AND your lousy good for nothing school is SUPPOSED to find you a place to further the required work!
    Do you still have the contract stating what you paid for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2017, 05:37 PM
    May I guess, it is some type of non accredited online class?
    If so, most of the labs do not recognize them. If it was a in person class, they would have contacts in the neighborhood.

But leave the phone behind and start calling on them in person with copies of your certificate, a resume and written request to be allowed a non paid internship

Look for smaller places, not chains and not large hospitals where there is never someone to make a choice to let you do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phlebotomy [ 0 Answers ]

Do you think if you get dizzy around blood and you want to be a phlebotomist when your older do you think that there I any way you can do that without getting sick?

To find the required angle [ 0 Answers ]

In ∆ ABC, AD is the altitude from A on BC. If angle B = 45; c > b and AD = (abc) / 2(c^2 - b^2), then angle A is equal to a) 30 b) 45 c) 60 d) 75

How many g of water is required to be mixed with 11.75 g of HgCl in order to make [ 1 Answers ]

How many g of water is required to be mixed with 11.75 g of HgCl in order to make a 0.01 m solution? Hg - 200.6 Cl - 35.45 H2O - 14.026 I have that much but I don't know hwo to set it up.

Phlebotomy ? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a website where I can find not only the new correct Order of Draw, but also can tell me the color of tube to be used for each blood test ordered ? Thank You.

Order Required When Filing a Motion [ 3 Answers ]

I went to file a MOTION TO QUASH THE SUMMONS AND VACATE JUDGMENT for a Default Judgment against myself. When I tried to file the Motion, I was told that the Judge would not take it unless I filed an Order. My question is why does he want me to file an Order prior to the Hearing. My...

View more questions Search