Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _insanity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2017, 10:22 AM
    He's breaking my heart
    There's a guy that I'm crazy about. Shocker, right? We've known each other for a little while, and he told me about a month ago that he likes me, but I'm not really sure anymore. I see him everyday, whether in class or just with mutual friends, so I'd hate for something to go wrong and deal with an awkward situation every time I see him, but I just don't know what to do. We flirt some days and then others he'll pretend we're barely even friends. He's kissed me, but has been distant ever since. He's warming up to me again, but I have the feeling he's just stringing me along. He treats other girls the same way. I'm not the only girl falling for him, and I know I'm not his first choice. Anyone reading this is probably thinking I'm stupid or he's a jerk. He's not really, trust me when I say that. I'm not a blind, naïve girl driven by hormones who falls for the first guy who smiles at her, though that may be how it sounds. I'm not 'blinded by love', nor do I believe I'm in love with him. I just know I care more for him than he for me. I know I'm only going to end up getting hurt, and I'm scared.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2017, 11:12 AM
    How old is each of you?

Sorry, but this sounds so.... 14? Teens are full of contradictions, and you are no exception. You aren't blinded by love, nor do you believe you're in love with him, yet your title is "He's breaking my heart."
    Goodness!
    Fortunately, being crazy about someone doesn't make you crazy, and also fortunately you will get over it.
    You won't get hurt if you see it for what it is - school flirting by an attractive guy who seemingly can have anyone he wants.
    Wait for someone you don't have to wait around for.
    And don't sit around while waiting either. Cultivate who you are, what your interests are, what your future looks like, what areas of study you like - aside from who may or may not be at your side.
    You know what?
    Those are the most attractive people, regardless of looks.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 9, 2017, 04:20 PM
    So he kissed you, what will be the next thing in his evil plan. I agree you are sounding very immature. You say your hormones are not acting up. Then I suggest that you step back take it one day at a time. You know he is a flirt protect yourself. Lighten up and save yourself from a broken heart. "What Ever will Be will Be"
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2017, 02:58 AM
    "I'm not 'blinded by love', nor do I believe I'm in love with him." The title of your posting would suggest otherwise.

If your expectations are that anytime someone pays you attention that you two will be forever bliss in a meaningful relationship, well then you will probably be in this situation forever. Get to know a person before deciding he might be the one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2017, 03:14 AM
    I don't know your age but dealing with those intense feelings of attractions are tough on everybody sometimes. Logic and common sense goes out the window and you just FEEL! You just have to accept the crazy, that makes no sense, and work on keeping your own dignity and self respect. ​He can't hurt you unless you let him, so don't play the game.

That's about all you have control over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heart is breaking! Please Help [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancée who I live with told me last night that she wants to break up. This destroyed me. She said that she still loves me, that I make her laugh and smile, that I do a lot of sweet things for her and that sexually Im great. She said she does not know why she is feeling this way. She said...

Heart is breaking [ 9 Answers ]

I am at a crossroad,, my husband is diabetic and has high blood pressure and his son died two years ago at the age of 22... He has been depressed and is unwilling to get help with his depression. The doctor has asked him to get more bloodwork and its now almost two years later and he doesn't want...

He's breaking my heart [ 2 Answers ]

Hii I'm 17 and I've been dating my boyfriend for almost three years. We have been unseperable. We used to fight once in a while but now its like we have one atleased once a day. His parents are getting divorced and its affecting him in ways I could never imagine. One day everything is great and its...

How do I keep from breaking her heart too. [ 3 Answers ]

This question goes with a previous question. My new question doesn't have anything to do with question I asked before, but if you're wonder why we're breaking up... this will answer that question. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/hes-racist-204824.html How do I tell my daughter...

His breaking my heart and myself [ 1 Answers ]

I have a co-worker who I'm going crazy for. I think I'm in love with him but the problem is he knows but I don't think he cares. I really.. like him a lot and I'm afraid that the feeling is growing bigger and I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to carry on and the only think of is suicide. I want to...

View more questions Search