Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Apr 8, 2017, 04:43 PM
    Lady Bugs by the Gazillion...
    Spring is Slowly creeping in and now that the Sun sits higher during the day the Lady Bugs start appearing.. We are a Direct Southerly Exposure so on those Bright Sunny days the Lady Bugs come out of Hiding in greater numbers.. We had a couple Plants that are brought inside during the Winter Months , they were soon put back outside thinking they were the source... Nope , seems like those Lady Bugs just crawl out of the woodwork all over the Windows.. Once it's T Shirt weather they just swarm all over the Front Door...

Any ideas where those Lady Bugs are coming from and a Not so messy way to get rid of them, they Bit and they Stink when you swat at them... lol... Thoughts appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2017, 05:23 PM
    Shop Vac. Then seal all the places they can come in. My neighbor had the same issue, all over the South facing windows, 2 stories high!! until we caulked every possible crack. This year I think he said he had 4.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 05:33 PM
    It's entirely possible that you're exactly correct in that they "just crawl out of the woodwork all over the Windows." By that I mean that last autumn eggs were laid in cracks between the window frame and the wall. The nymphs hatch and scatter in all directions, including inside.

Your best solution will be caulking the window frames, starting on the inside to let the rest of them escape to the outside. Pay particular attention to the underside of the frame under the window. Seal the outside in August after they've all left.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 06:20 PM
    We used to buy them in bags to release into the garden. I live in southeast Ontario on the lake. I would be so pleased to see them again. I don't remember them biting and were always very friendly
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 9, 2017, 04:26 AM
    Unfortunately our US gov't never learns - do not import ANYTHING!
    https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef416

Yes, both beetles are capable of biting, but the Asian one is more likely to.
    One female can lay 3800 eggs in a season.
    This beetle has taken over the native one, sadly.

• Asian Lady Beetle: Has a very distinctive white “W” shape on its pronotum, the area immediately behind the head.
    • American Ladybug: Has a shiny black pronotum with two tiny white circles.
    • Asian Lady Beetle: Their dome is usually orange, tan or yellowish with black spots.
    • American Ladybug: Domes are a rich, scarlet red with black spots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lady Bugs [ 4 Answers ]

I have probably about a hundred ladybugs on 2 separate walls outside. I have never seen this many ladybugs before in my life. I have heard from superstition that if a ladybug lands on you it will bring you good luck(boy could I use that lol). I know that they won't bite you, but there is also...

Need the artis for. Lady you bring me up when I'm down Lady you changed my life around [ 1 Answers ]

Its and older group and a african american group

Hey lady you lady you're a contedted mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hey lady... You lady... I've been to California... I've been to paradise.. You belong to me

How to get rid of asian lady bugs [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the country in Illinois trying to get rid of these asian lady bugs they r in my house into everything

You.S. Movie lady's apartment is burnt,lost job,no benefits so lives as a bag lady [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago. Probably made in the 1960''s. I recalled it was Bette Davis, but can find nothing regarding this film with her starring in it. In the movie she had her own apartment, but it was completely burnt in a fire. She also lost her job & could not claim benefits....

View more questions Search