Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyfive Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2017, 11:33 AM
    North FL job applicants & employers
    Question about North Florida: How many people are applying for advertisedjobs these days? I have an A.A. and A.S. degree, made the Dean’slist twice, have experience working as billing coordinator, administrative assistant,secretary, telemarketer, was trained to be office manager in a (tiny) company,have a “good” and “great” resume, cover letter introducing myself, discussaccomplishments (in letter), have letters of recommendations, in good standingwith past employers, and with the community. Do employers, these days, refuse to interview and hire applicants thatdo not have debt but who have perfect credit, average credit or fair credit? If I have no credit, which I don’t, does thatbar me from obtaining interviews and job offers? Or doemployers received too many applications / resumes to read most of them and onlyinterview a few? Any idea why it gets longerand longer to be invited for an interview? I was working and was trained to take over the office manager positionin my last job, performed the job, and then within one week found out that I might have toserve on Federal Jury Duty and was told that my “job is being terminated becauseyou probably won’t be here when you serve on jury duty.” They didn’t need me after all for duty. Lost my job anyway. The owner of companytold the current office manager that he “didn’t what her to retire, but thatshe could take the office to a sea side town with her to live with relatives”. This leaves an unpleasant gab in my resume,and I altered my cover letter to explain the gap in work, explained all the positivethings that I have accomplished to fill my time since that time, and it has notgenerated interviews and job offers? Can’tafford to go into business for myself. Have applied for everything from business, tolight industrial, to cook, to book seller, and yet I experience in retail. Any idea why no jobinterviews? What can you human resourcesmanagers suggest for me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 11:59 AM
    How about volunteering at a public library, hospital, nursing home, school, church, etc.? That way your work ethic will become known, you'll meet other people who may offer leads to job possibilities, and you might even be eligible for and interested in jobs at the library/hospital/nursing home etc. where you are volunteering.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 03:27 PM
    There are anywhere from 10 to 100 applicants for any job. More for some. Many do run consumer reports and having bad credit can be a issue if other equal candidates have good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

G1 Visa & Consulting Job for an International Organization [ 0 Answers ]

I am working under a G1 visa, could I work as a consultant for another international organization in the US? My current employer allows me to have another job, but I am wondering if my G1 visa would allow me (or restrict me from) to work for another international organization that normally...

How do I match ohms & amp; watts with a bass amp head and amp; speakers? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to shop for new speaker(s) to use with an amp head that I have and want to know what to look for in specs of watts and ohms so that I don't blow up or fry anything. My head's specs say "120 VAC, 60 Hz, 600 Watts" and under the Biamp (Low/A, High/B) Speaker Output jacks it says "4 Ohm Min....

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

My son is in need of a job & home for he & my grandson what programs are available? [ 2 Answers ]

My son (Chris) & Grandson (Tyler) have been living with Tyler's mom's (Kristen) parents,Kristen has been in & out of the home & they were never married. I've been checking into programs to help Chris get a job and a home for him and his son. Chris has been in trouble with the law before but has...

View more questions Search