Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jesusmicheel20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2017, 07:18 PM
    Is it wrong for 9th grader to date 5th grader
    So I am in 9th grade and I am dating a 5th grader, and she knows all about everything about having a boyfriend, and she is cute, and has the same type personality and likes that I do, and so is there anything wrong with that? Obviously I know what I cant do and she knows about that too, but like going on dates to movies, ball games and other things, is that OK, or is that weird?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 7, 2017, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmicheel20 View Post
    So I am in 9th grade and I am dating a 5th grader, and she knows all about everything about having a boyfriend, and she is cute, and has the same type personality and likes that I do, and so is there anything wrong with that? Obviously I know what I cant do and she knows about that too, but like going on dates to movies, ball games and other things, is that OK, or is that weird?
    What do her parents say? What do your parents say?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2017, 08:36 PM
    A 5th grader is what ? 9, 10 or 11.
    No they do not know about dating nor have the emotional ability to understand it.

They have no business dating,

A 9th grader is nothing more than a pedophile in training in my opinion if they can have an interest in a child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2017, 04:32 AM
    It is highly unlikely that a 10 yr old "knows all about everything about having a boyfriend". What she knows is what the entertainment media portrays about boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. But she has neither the experience nor maturity to handle this herself.

What is probably going on here is someone who see how the media glorifies things and she wants to group up too fast.

At 14 you are just entering the age for one on one dating. Younger than that it might be OK to hang out in groups, but not one on one. And she is years away from that.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 8, 2017, 05:01 AM
    Aside from all the excellent advice, could you handle the peer pressure? You will get razzed for robbing the cradle, as you should.
    I can't believe that any parent would allow this anyway.

I think it was in 6th grade that an older boy loaned me his shirt at the lake because I was shivering. I had an instant crush on him, but it wasn't even a real crush, as I remember, and I didn't even know him. It was just some vague awareness of what boy-girl romance might be like.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 06:42 AM
    This is not something a child can decide. It's entirely up to her parents, and I would bet that they don't know she has an older boyfriend. What do you think they would say, or do if they did know? I think it's very inappropriate no matter your good intentions.

I bet her parents and yours feel the same way. Her mom and dad will make trouble when you try to date, well they should, for you both.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 8, 2017, 06:58 AM
    If it were my 5th grader, I would say absolutely not, and what is it that you think a child that age knows about dating?
    If dating is OK with your parents for you to date, fine, but not I bet they would have a fit knowing it's a 5th grader.
    What is it you think you have in common with her anyway?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2017, 07:40 AM
    What's wrong with other 9th graders, or even 8th or 10th graders? Give it some thought because THEY actually have something in common with you... 5th graders don't. There is a HUGE maturity difference in those 4 years plain and simple no matter how "mature for their age" they might think they are. They are a child...you are an adolescent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2017, 10:27 AM
    There was an article in the paper today about an 11 yr old boy who hanged himself because some cyber bullies posted that his 13 yr old girlfriend had died.

If that doesn't tell you that children aren't mature enough to handle the dating thing then nothing else will.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Apr 8, 2017, 01:07 PM
    In 2 years, you will be 16+ driving and you are all connected up with a 12 year old. You will be getting into an age where you can get in legal trouble. Rethink this situation. Move on too people your own age + not good to think - your age right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 7th Grader date a 8th Grader? [ 5 Answers ]

There is this Girl in the 8th Grade who I really like and I'm in the 7th Grade. I really want to ask her out but I don't know if the Grade Difference matters. She is Short and Plump and has long brown hair. I'm skinny and I'm slightly taller than her. Should I ask her out or does the Grade...

I'm a 7th grader but I want to date a 6th grader [ 11 Answers ]

Ok so she's in the 6th and I'm in the 7th and I want t go out with her but I don't really know much about her all I know is that she tends to be around her friends she's kind of short compared to me and she's a little fat like maybe 130 or 140 pounds and I'm also 5'2 and I'm a skinny guy so that's...

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? [ 5 Answers ]

I told the neighborhood kids I'm smarter than tem so Yea they decided to give me a math test.. which after doing this math test clearly showed other wise lol, anyway solve ALL of these problems correctly and you will be smarter than a 5th grader! Write an inequality to describe this situation....

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader [ 1 Answers ]

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader. I know, a year difference. He always seems to stare at me all the time whenever we're stretching , running or even jogging. Like he stare at me 24/7. One time, we have picture day, and I was not wearing my...

Can anyone help a 9th grader with algebra? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you set up this story problem? Elijah sold 25 cds and dvds. He made 4 dollars off every cd and lost 1 dollar off every dvd. He made 25 dollars total. How many of each did he sell?

View more questions Search