Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roscru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2017, 12:20 PM
    Random Smell
    Hello! I'm new to this site but I joined since I was hoping someone could answer my questions?
    So, for the past month, this stuff has been happening to me and only in my room. Like I'm just sitting there and out of nowhere, I smell this perfume. There's no denying it's perfume. I don't use perfume. No one in my house does, so I don't know where the smell is coming from. And I usually smell the perfume like right in my face because once I lean back to get away from the smell, I can't smell it anymore. It's like it disappears. And it smells like perfume an old lady would wear. No one in my Family recently died. This is my first encounter with this type of stuff and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 6, 2017, 05:10 PM
    I'm not into paranormal, but I am very sensitive to smells, and often smell them (in my house) when I can't find what is causing them.
    And there is one room that smelled like 'old person' when I bought my house years ago, and I can still smell it.
    There was no furniture, no curtains, nothing but wall to wall carpet, so I figure it must be in the carpet.
    It isn't a perfume smell, just 'old person.' And the last occupant was a man.

I'm the kind of person who would ask a million questions. We don't know what kind of soap you wash clothes in, or sheets and pillow cases, or if pets sleep on your bed, or even where you are exactly in your room when you smell it. I'm not interested unless someone is REALLY good at covering every possible detail about the situation. You say 'in my room.' That implies that the house isn't yours and that you live with your parents. If you want to start filling in all the blanks, feel free!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 05:20 PM
    What part of the world are you in? If you are in the U.S. then your running into spring and with flowers and trees starting to bloom you can have smells that enter the home and then reside in stagnant pockets. The perfume smeel can be from and number or variety or blooms going on.
    2kurious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2017, 03:46 AM
    Hi Roscru, I read your question and spent a long time responding then it disappeared, due to my lack of computer skills most likely.My point was that I have experienced so many incidents and thoughtthey didn't make sense, which they don't. However they are real you want someone to be there with you when something happens. Afterseveral years my husband was right in the room when a major incidenthappened 2 weeks ago yesterday. So I not only have a witness,I have a most credible witness. My husband is very serious and just the facts please type of person. I am writing to you cause I saw thatyou posted this on 4-6-17, recent. I just experienced something on my cell phone that I recorded on 4-7 I listened to it earlier, it confirmed what I thought. I know you smelled perfume, my friend has smelled perfume in her house out of the blue. I have other smellshere, I wish it was perfume, anyway I believe you. I don't know whyI found this site, If you want to write back I will listen to you, and respond.

I apologize for all the words running together.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2017, 09:02 AM
    Hi Roscru how long have you lived here and have you always smelt this since day one? You say noone has died in your family recently but then it doesn't have to be recent or even your family! Has anyone else smelt this or is it just you?
    It could be someone who used to live in your house just come for a visit or maybe to them it's an anniversary for them in fact it could be a relative of yours from perhaps when you were small... maybe nanny or grandmother( don't know how old you are).There is no mention of you being scared or cold or hot flushes or anything of that nature so I would say who ever it is clearly does not wish you any harm and maybe just comes because they used to live there or maybe their family did... could be anything like that.
    You could go to the local council or church and check out the local history of the house it may have a lot of answers you seek.If it really bothers you get in a local vicar or referent just to see if he can pick anything up.hope this helps
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jun 15, 2017, 02:17 PM
    My nose for smelling is bad. About 2 years ago I was with some people at an office. I started to smell something sweet, I asked two of the woman do you smell what I smell. They said it smelled like white diamonds perfume, nobody there wore it, my wife did. My wife passed away over 8 years ago and it wasn't on my clothes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random smell in new house [ 2 Answers ]

We're in a 5 month old new construction home. It's a split ranch with master on one side and 2 guest bedrooms and bath on other side. There is a smell in one guest room or both or in both bedrooms and bathroom or just bathroom. It seems more noticeable when it is damp or after it rains. My husband...

Brown stuff coming from vagina,it has a smell but a clean smell.sometimes its clear. [ 3 Answers ]

Brown stuff coming from vagina,it has a smell but a clean smell... sometimes its clear... the skin out side of the vagina has like little bumps... HELP!! PLEASE

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

Cat pee smell in my home at random times but cats aren't peeing in the house [ 2 Answers ]

So I've lived in my home now for 2 yrs and never had a problem with a pee odor or any odor of any kind. I have 2 cats and they are very clean and litter trained and keep their boxes clean everyday. Just two days ago my boyfriend and I were in the living room and were overcome with a very strong...

Random urine smell in basement near ceilings [ 1 Answers ]

We live outside Chicago and randomly we have had a very strong urine smell in the basement - in the air. It is intense for a few hours then disappears for days and comes back. Right now the smell is very strong and coming up the stairs into the kitchen. We do have a floor drain in the laundry...

View more questions Search