Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    longsocks1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2017, 12:00 AM
    How would you draw a supply and demand curve for this?
    The island nation of Windonia has been installing wind turbines to generate electricity for several years. The topography of the island means that there are few alternatives to using wind to generate electricity and the island is too distant from other countries to obtain electricity from them. Windonia has been installing turbines at a rate of 100 per year. The cost of each turbine, including installation is 5 million Breezes (B). Current government policy permits only domestic firms allowed to sell turbines for installation on the island. No domestic firm would be willing to produce turbines for less than 1 million Breezes per unit.The Breeze is the local currency unit.

Draw a supply demand and curve

Now, suppose Windonia joins the World Trade Organization (WTO), in order to secure market access to world markets for its leading export, locally produced hand-made textiles. One of the stipulations of joining the WTO is that member countries cannot prevent firms in other countries for bidding on wind turbine installation work. Also, suppose that turbines can be obtained from other countries for a price of 3 million Breezes per turbine, installed, and that Windonia is a small country and can purchase as many turbines as it wants at this price.

Draw the new supply and demand curve
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 6, 2017, 12:23 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Market demand curve and law of demand [ 0 Answers ]

What dose market demand curve reflect the law of demand

Economics - Assumption on Demand Curve [ 1 Answers ]

How to estimate demand elasticity if I have sales data (Milk) from a grocery store chain? Any assumptions can be made on demand curve?

Demand curve [ 0 Answers ]

down the demand curve, what do different points tell about consumer welfare, MRS and marginal benefit associated with various levels of consumptions? Explain with the help of indifference curve and budget line

The demand for aluminum is given by the equation Ed=500-5p+10i while the supply curve [ 1 Answers ]

The demand for aluminum is given by the equation Ed=500-5p+10i while the supply curve is given by the equation Q's=-400+50p. In both equations p denotes the market price and I denotes income. A for what price is the market in equilibrium whine=10 B. What is the equilibrium quantity when I=10 C....

View more questions Search