Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    northstand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2017, 09:22 AM
    vibrating toilet valve
    I turned my water shut off valve for 10 days and then I turned it back on to find the shut off valve vibrating very badly after I flush, so I turned it off and replace the fluid master and turned it on to find it doing the same thing. The question I have is that I never turned it open all the way because I was scared it might blow, should I open the shut off valve all the way to stop the hammering?
    northstand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2017, 10:13 AM
    Never mind turned it all the way on and it fixed its self :D
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2017, 12:08 PM
    Yes open the shutoff valve all the way and see what happens, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installed Kohler shower and bath valve vibrating sound in plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a kohler Shower/Bath valve in my upstairs bathroom. For some reason when we run the downstairs bath a really loud banging vibration starts and water starts coming out of my upstairs new Kohler Faucet when turned off. I tried bleeding the lines and still have the problem.

Vibrating Water Pipes occur on their own without a valve being turned on. [ 2 Answers ]

The water pipe in my bathroom rattles randomly without a valve being turned on. The duration can be from fifteen to thirty seconds. I can turn the cold water tap on and the water pulses until I turn the tap on to a full flow. If I flush the commode it will stop, and if I turn the hot water on...

Pipes vibrating through walls when the upstairs shower is going; I have a PR Valve.. [ 2 Answers ]

I looked at the PRV today and noticed some white corrosion on the top, like corrosion on a car battery would have. Would this have anything to do with it? It started happening this fall when it got cold. The vibrating is in the wall of the room close to under where the main floor bathroom is....

Vibrating Toilet and a Whistling Toilet [ 8 Answers ]

My upstairs toilet flushes fine, but when it seems to be done it vibrates the floor. This doesn't happen every time, about 50% of the time. The downstairs toilet when almost done flushing lets off this horrible whistling noise. This started a few weeks ago and it does it every time we flush....

Moaning/vibrating sound from Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought our first house (well an older single wide trailer) and the toilet in the master bathroom has just started making a loud moaning/vibrating sound that will not stop unless the shut off vavle is turned off (this happened after the last flush) When you put your hands on the toilet you...

View more questions Search