Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2017, 09:09 AM
    Trump is in trouble at home. Will a war with Syra or North Korea bail him out?
    Hello:

Yeah, that.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2017, 09:46 AM
    Hello, excon --

Trump wanted a military parade for his inauguration. He didn't get one. Now, a war with Syria or NK means he can line up his tanks and bazookas and nuclear warheads, plus set up and arrange his army guys in battle formations. And yes, another deflection from his problems at home.

Angry and scared,
    WG
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2017, 11:50 AM
    He's not in trouble ;at least not due to all the bs charges of Russian influence. The scandal has gone to where it had to go ;the emperor's government politicizing intelligence and using those agencies of government against political rivals . It's the Obots that are going down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...iates-in-intel
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2017, 03:11 PM
    Isn't that the way presidents bail themselves out? In trouble in national policy, have a war, become a war time President, it has to be good for another term
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2017, 04:57 PM
    If I take him at his word, he wants Putty to take care of Syria ,and China to deal with the NORKS. He wants to spend money on his Yuuuuuggeeee porkulus deux infrastructure Keynesian pump priming . A war would be a distraction.

He's not in trouble yet ;and won't be until his opponents concentrate on the real things that can derail him .That would be his many conflicts of interests; not this phony Russia thing
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2017, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    If I take him at his word, he wants Putty to take care of Syria ,and China to deal with the NORKS. He wants to spend money on his Yuuuuuggeeee porkulus deux infrastructure Keynesian pump priming . A war would be a distraction.

He's not in trouble yet ;and won't be until his opponents concentrate on the real things that can derail him .That would be his many conflicts of interests; not this phony Russia thing
    Tom, it is unlikely Putin will take care of Syria, he will allow Assad to do as he pleases and he has grown bolder with the Russian Bear at his back. Vlad cannot sustain a long war any more than Dump can. The attempt to get Turkey on the ground has failed.

There is nothing wrong with some infrastructure, a wall here, a bridge there, perhaps a road to nowhere. You can't tell me there aren't parts of the country that don't need some pump priming. Think of it as nation building, every generation needs it, you can't put everything into aircraft carriers and submarines, not enough people see where their money is going, besides you need something for all those illegal workers to do
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 01:26 AM
    You can't tell me there aren't parts of the country that don't need some pump priming.
    Of course there are . America doesn't pave it's streets in gold anymore . The question is who is responsible to do it ? Why should someone in rural America living on a dirt road pay out because the NY metropolitan area wants to put another train tunnel from NJ to NYC ? Let the users pay for it .
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 05:52 AM
    Of course there are . America doesn't pave it's streets in gold anymore . The question is who is responsible to do it ? Why should someone in rural America living on a dirt road pay out because the NY metropolitan area wants to put another train tunnel from NJ to NYC ? Let the users pay for it .
    Now Tom you know Thatcherism doesn't work, maybe you call it Reaganonomics, but it doesn't work. You make things expensive and the punters walk away. What I'm saying is everyone should have a paved road and a good bridge over that river and tax money should also be spent where it is collected, a revolutionary concept, I know. So Dump wants to build a wall and I see one concept is for that wall to be a solar collector which means it pays for itself. I'm sure Mexico loves the idea.

Tom you need an open mind, some good can come from it, and I know spending money in NYC will be close to Dumps heart, it is his home town, or close to it. But he has seen the carnage in Syria and like a good politician he can't resist, No american president has resisted the siren call for long
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 06:58 PM
    Breaking News
    Trump just bombed the airfield in Syria believed to be the origin of the gas attack Tuesday.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 07:30 PM
    Wish I had confidence that he knows what he's doing.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 08:06 PM
    Don't worry boys you can bomb anything in Syria with impunity, hope you didn't hit any Russian planes, that might be different. We will see what comes of Dump talking to Vlad, maybe they can agree on some rules of engagement
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 08:08 PM
    Wish I had confidence that he knows what he's doing.
    He sniffled through his recorded message--shades of his debates with Hillary.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 08:19 PM
    This is decisive action that is needed to demonstrate resolve
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    And yet another deflection by Trump from...guess what!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 08:32 PM
    I doubt Dump is deflecting anything. This is a response to a specific event. Such responses cannot wait for a do nothing UN or Congress to debate the issue. Dump is right act and apologise later if necessary
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I'm not deflecting anything, and I doubt Dump is. This is a response to a specific event. Such responses cannot wait for a do nothing UN or Congress to debate the issue. Dump is right act and apologise later if necessary
    Said by a friend whose opinion I respect -- "[Trump] got permission from his boss [Putin] to appear to go against Russian interests."
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2017, 09:34 PM
    Well thank you for the vote of confidence, look, it is all politics, the emperor manipulating from the shadows. I doubt Dump or Vlad are really in charge.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2017, 06:37 AM
    Well Vlad is furious and promises to increase Syrian air defenses, and has suspended communications between US and Russian air strikes against ISIS.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Well Vlad is furious and promises to increase Syrian air defenses, and has suspended communications between US and Russian air strikes against ISIS.
    Well he has to, doesn't he, his people are at risk, This is going to make things difficult but why didn't Dump take out the gas stocks? Maybe the wind was blowing in the wrong direction? Any way, Dump can concentrate on Daesh and be well away from the Russians
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 08:37 AM
    And yet another deflection by Trump from...guess what!
    It was decisive as corporal punishment is . It did nothing to change the strategic equation if it is a one off. If it's a one off ,it's more like Clintoon's bombing of an aspirin factory .
    Said by a friend whose opinion I respect -- "[Trump] got permission from his boss [Putin] to appear to go against Russian interests."
    nonsense ;the only concession made to Putty was to let him know to get Russian assets out of the air base .

We could've made a difference if we acted 6 years ago.We could've grounded Assad's air force and set up no fly zones . Now the only way that will happen is if there is cooperation between Putty and herr Donald ....... and that aint happening despite all the tin foil hat theories about the election.

We could've made a difference if we acted 6 years ago.We could've grounded Assad's air force and set up no fly zones . Now the only way that will happen is if there is cooperation between Putty and herr Donald ....... and that aint happening despite all the tin foil hat theories about the election.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North Korea contributes BILLIONS to local congressional race [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: Ok, that's no so.. Or, I don't KNOW if it's so.. But it COULD be! Given that corporations can give unlimited amounts of money - or better said - given that PAC'S can TAKE unlimited amounts of money, and don't have to disclose WHO'S giving it to them, WHY wouldn't Iran try to change...

Who won Vietnam war? North or South Korea? [ 14 Answers ]

Simply, put who won the Vietnam war?

North Korea [ 3 Answers ]

What is "thousand fold" retaliation?

How was korea involved in the cold war? [ 1 Answers ]

How was korea involved in the cold war?

North Korea, plutonium vs. Uranium [ 1 Answers ]

Given that North Korea has the ability to produce plutonium weapons, why pursue uranium enrichment? What is the advantage? Seems to me that plutonium can be produced in a breeder reactor and more easily processed than the enrichment & separation procedures for uranium. Doesn't plutonium provide for...

View more questions Search