Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 01:15 PM
    How do 3 events this week connect to the Syria attack ?
    1. Jared Kushner goes to Iraq Monday
    2.Jordan's King Abdullah II and his wife, Queen Rania,visit the White House Wednesday .
    3.Also Wednesday Trump removes isolationist Steve Bannon from his National Security Council .

This after the administration got criticized last week by members of Congress for going soft on Assad ,and in general ,having an incoherent Syrian policy . On Thursday March 30, Nikki Haley, and Sec State Rex Tillerson announced that the U.S. is not focused on pushing Assad out of power and that Assad’s status would be determined by the people of Syria. But the US has been doing air strikes in Syria since the beginning of Trump's term. Sen McCain and Graham were quick to jump all over those comments .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 03:54 PM
    I think you missed one Tom Xi visits Dump
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 04:07 PM
    That happened as the attack was ongoing. He could very well be sending Xi a message related to China's seizure of neighbor's territories that now equal the size of the territory Nazi Germany seized from it's neighbors .

It could also be a distraction from the fact that nothing is going to be accomplished in the 2 days summit. I also forgot Al-Sisi's meeting with herr Donald .I can't believe he's thrilled with the attack on Syria.

The reason I mentioned the 3 events this week was because it was signaling a fundamental change in policy from the one he announced on the campaign trail. I know quite a few of his supporters that are not thrilled today.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 04:34 PM
    Yes it seems he is blown in the wind, reality, perhaps. He has demonstrated he will not be isolationist, just how hawkish he will become we will see. I see Dump as a man who operates on whim. I find it hard to believe this is the first time pictures of children dying have affected him. No doubt there are many supporters who wanted the US to step back and not be interventionist, but are the US still fighting the War on Terror or not, if so, there can be no let up, no relaxation as terror doesn't take a holiday.

Tom we all know a candidate has to say certain things to get elected, politics is the art of the possible, so not all chosen policies can move forward, health care is a prime example. Dump has said many things on the road to the White House and they are waiting to hoist him on his own pitard and any rash act helps them
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2017, 05:58 PM
    The message he sent was great for a photo op, but Assad will just hold back the gassing of kids, and go back to blowing them apart.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2017, 06:03 PM
    He had a lefty policy on healthcare ,and I believe he still has it .

But in foreign policy he had been consistenly anti-interventionist . Ex has one explanation for it ;'wag the dog' ...and that's possible .

But more likey the voices in his head are coming from Nat Security Advisor Gen.H. R. McMaster ;who not only purged Bannon ;but deputy national security adviser K.T. McFarland,who will be exiled to Singapore.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2017, 08:28 AM
    Hello again:

I shouldn't have used the word "OR" above.. Trump is going for a DOUBLE..

Apparently, Trump is OK with Assad barrel bombing little children.. But, if he uses chemicals again, he's got to go... Does that sound as stupid to YOU as it does me???

Plus, he's threatening that fat kid in North Korea.. I don't think that fat kid is gonna give up his nukes, and that seems to be our new policy with them...

Hold on to your azz's, people. I think Trump is gonna END the world..

excon

PS> (edited) This is what McMaster said on Fox this morning:

"This is -- this is a rogue regime that is now a nuclear capable regime, and President Xi and President Trump agreed that that is unacceptable, that what must happen is the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Did I say that Trump is gonna start the big one??? I think I DID.

PPS> (edited again) A Navy battle group is headed for North Korean waters as we post..

PPPS> (edited for the last time) Does duck and cover still work??

PPPPS> (edited - I might be back) Tillerson is threatening Russia on ABC, as we post... Trump does LOVE war.. He said so. He wonders WHY we have nukes if we can't use them...

Goodby friends... You too smoothy..
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2017, 04:56 PM
    Won't say goodbye yet ex, but this is brinkmanship, but then Dump is a bully and he doesn't know what to do when the other guy shouts back, thus the fleet to NK and no doubt a resupply of cruise to the med, doesn't Putin realise you have to use your old hardware sometime?
    Expert

Apr 10, 2017, 03:49 AM
    Naw, Trump won't blow up the world, but he will sure screw up the country. Don't watch Trump, watch the congress!

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...nt_status_date
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2017, 06:40 AM
    Tal why would you want to watch a bunch of do nothings do nothing?
    Expert

Apr 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
    They are doing something. Rolling back a lot of health and safety regulations while the talking media heads keep repeating the Trump show nonsense.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2017, 06:16 PM
    Be that as it may Tal it cant all be bad, look what Dump has achieved, a pipeline finished, upset the whole middle east and Kim, who took his message to heart, inspired durente to take on China and has everyone talking about Syria again meanwhile about all the politicians have done is stopped a filibuster, all this while deflecting questions of russian influence by upsetting Vlad
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2017, 07:27 AM
    Can the nationalist wing of Trump’s fan base survive Trump’s embrace of internationalism? Steve Bannon has appeared to lose the power struggle in the White House to Ivanka and Jared .

BTW his summit with Xi was a joke . He campaigned on immediate action on China and all he did was embrace status quo in the relations.
    Expert

Apr 11, 2017, 07:45 AM
    Reminds me of when King Reagan was elected. I never believed a word from his mouth either, but "trust but verify" sticks with me as a good idea. Of course when applied to Trump, every thing he says is "fake" and in time will be verified as such.

Pass the popcorn please, and the remote. Mark April 28th on your calendar!
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2017, 07:53 AM
    Ezra Klein of the Compost and Vox has an interesting video of the Syrian conflict that almost gets it right .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKb9GVU8bHE

What he missed is that video failed to mention that the purpose of the Benghazi outpost was the transfer of US weapons from Libya ,to the so called 'rebels '. He also fails to mention that the real issue in Syria is that there are 2 competing pipelines that want to go through Syria .Whoever controls the country will decide which pipeline.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defau...0Syria%204.jpg
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2017, 08:12 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Screw the pipeline.. I wanna know WHO'S gonna blink first.. The fat kid, or the orange man?

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2017, 11:31 AM
    I think the fat kid. The one thing that was effective during the Xi summit was that Trump told Xi about the launches in between meal courses. If Xi had the upper hand he would've gotten up and walked out . But he didn't .There was another subtle signal that was not lost on Xi when he arrived 1st and had to wait on herr Donald. The Carl Vinson Strike group is armed with Aegis systems . If un Kim launches ,it wouldn't suprise me to see his missiles exploding in mid air .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2017, 02:44 PM
    Trumps not in any trouble in the parts of the country who voted for him.. which is most of it geographically.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2017, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Trumps not in any trouble in the parts of the country who voted for him.. which is most of it geographically.
    Wait until they figure out what they're going to lose.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2017, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Wait until they figure out what they're going to lose.
    So says the Hillary groupies. Only the welfare class and the illegals are going to lose anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North Korea contributes BILLIONS to local congressional race [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: Ok, that's no so.. Or, I don't KNOW if it's so.. But it COULD be! Given that corporations can give unlimited amounts of money - or better said - given that PAC'S can TAKE unlimited amounts of money, and don't have to disclose WHO'S giving it to them, WHY wouldn't Iran try to change...

Who won Vietnam war? North or South Korea? [ 14 Answers ]

Simply, put who won the Vietnam war?

North Korea [ 3 Answers ]

What is "thousand fold" retaliation?

How was korea involved in the cold war? [ 1 Answers ]

How was korea involved in the cold war?

North Korea, plutonium vs. Uranium [ 1 Answers ]

Given that North Korea has the ability to produce plutonium weapons, why pursue uranium enrichment? What is the advantage? Seems to me that plutonium can be produced in a breeder reactor and more easily processed than the enrichment & separation procedures for uranium. Doesn't plutonium provide for...

View more questions Search