Adeptness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2017, 01:04 PM
    Can child support arreas be dissmissed
    Who has the authority to dismiss child support
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 4, 2017, 01:16 PM
    1) no
    2) not anyone, although a Court can hear arguments and decide on an adjusted payment plan
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 4, 2017, 03:33 PM
    The only one with the authority to make any kind of adjustment is the person or entity that the child support is owed to.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 4, 2017, 03:37 PM
    Is that really true, cdad? I heard that the Court has to agree, no matter what the person it is owed to says.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2017, 07:07 PM
    At least in the years past, the judge was the only one with the authority to set payment amount and arrange for past due payments. Who is owed the money ?
    The guardian or parent of the child or the state ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 6, 2017, 05:15 PM
    Yes it is true that the only one that can approve a reduction in the amount is the one that it is owed to. To make it binding the courts will also have to approve it so there is no coersion going on or intimidation on behalf of the payee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No arreas and ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Child Support Abilgation And I Am On Worker's Comp,I Recently Filed For SSDI And I Am Not Behind Since W/C Pays My Support What Happens When I Get Approved ?

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I don't pay child support to mother, but I support my child.. [ 5 Answers ]

I don't pay child support, but I support my child financially.. Example, school materials, clothes, food, active bank account,personal materials, could I still get in trouble with legal issues?

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

View more questions Search