Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ckreft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2017, 02:03 PM
    Kohler toilet 1.6 gallon troubleshoot
    Water saver Kohler toilet. When flushed, water sprays up and out of the toilet bowl. Any thoughts on how to repair or adjust toilet?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2017, 03:52 PM
    Do you mean the bowl, where you sit, or the tank where you flush? I'm betting you mean tank so please clarify. Usually the fill valve tube has come loose in the tank.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 04:36 PM
    Hello Ckreft,

Please respond to Talaniman for clarification, if it is the tank please see the images below will show you the fill tube and how it should be attached to the overflow pipe, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 3, 2017, 01:57 PM
    I assume water sprays out from under the tank lid. Easy fix. Lift up the lid, there is a refill tube ( 1/4" black flexible tube connecting fill valve and overflow tube ), that probably slipped out of its mount. Point it back into the overflow tube and / or attach it to the mounting clip.

There is also a possibility water sprays from cracked fill valve. If that is so, you will have to replace the entire fill valve

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet, bowl not filling to correct level [ 10 Answers ]

This is a new toilet, just installed. It flushes fine, but the bowl does not fill all the way. When it stops filling you can hear water trickling and the level goes down. Any ideas why? Thanks

Kohler 1.6 Gallon Toilet Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Adjust flow of tank filler. I just changed the flapper in my Kohler1.6 toilet but now it takes 10 minutes to fill the tank. How do I adjust the flow?

How to adjust kohler 1.6 gallon toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

The float in the tank stops the water right at the brim of the siphon tub. There must be some surges with the water that causes a little to drain over the tube. Then the float begins to fill the tank the 1/2 inch of water that escaped. How do I adjust the float just a little?

Kohler 1.6 gallon [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet... when the toilet is flushed... the float drops down too fast and the toilet doesn't flush completely... sometimes it has to be flushed twice for everything to go down. In other words the tank doesn't empty enough water in the bowl to have a good flush... is there...

How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force [ 4 Answers ]

How do I make my Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet flush with more force so all the contents go down and it doesn't have to be flushed twice.

View more questions Search