Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amaya12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2017, 11:14 AM
    Hair and fibers forensic
    Assume you have provided your forensic lab with hairs found in a victim's car. The victim has stated he was grabbed from behind while in his car- the perpetrator was sitting in the back seat.
    The victim stated he pulled out some of the assailant's hairs- there is a clump of hairs that look like they were pulled out in the front seat.
    Part 1
    How would you be able to determine if the hairs were pulled out? 10 pts
    Part 2
    Assume you eventually have a suspect and get a court order for his control hair samples, what exactly (what characteristics) would the lab be looking to compare on this comparison analysis? And under the comparison microscope? 35 pts
    Part 3
    If the hairs (hairs from car and known hairs from suspect)have similar characteristics, what can the forensic scientist state about the unknown hairs originating from the suspect? 5pts
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 2, 2017, 11:57 AM
    This appears to be homework or a test. What do you think?

We will give you help and guidance but you have to show us what you know.
    Amaya12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2017, 12:41 PM
    This is homework
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 2, 2017, 01:16 PM
    So, what are your answers?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 2, 2017, 04:47 PM
    Have you been reading course material? Gone to class? Listened?

Info about hair follicles should be very basic to your course knowledge by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White fibers are appearing in my well water. [ 1 Answers ]

White fibers are accumulating in my faucet aerators (the type that screw on the end). They appear similar to fiberglass. Well is approximately 3 years old and I've never had any problems before. Can anyone tell me what this might be and what to do about it?

How can I identify dried plant fibers [ 0 Answers ]

I have an artifact that is made of what I believe to be weaved from a dried grass or straw. If I can determine what type plant was used I can then possibly narrow down the area of the artist who wove it. Is there a website that might be able to help me with this? Kind of a "who did it" Thanks for...

Forensic toolmarks [ 2 Answers ]

What toolmarks? Why the study of screwdrivers is important with the set of tolls used?

Starch and fibers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between starch and fibers. And what is cellulose and hemicellulose. Starch we can find in potatoes and rice. And plant makes the structure of plant cell wall.

View more questions Search