Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2008mike1990 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2017, 12:38 AM
    How do I reset kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher model 665.17583200 ?
    Regrettably, The sears service tech took the tech sheet that had been located behind the service panel on a service call, while it was under warranty. We didn't realize this before he left and when I called to get it back they were less than helpful. The sheet had the procedure sequence to do the diagnostic test, clear the codes and help with the troubleshooting, should something go wrong. It went wrong. I have tried pushing the (sani-rinse) then (air-dry) combination. All the displays light up Except anti-bacterial, pot/pans, normal wash, and china-gentle. Then the dishwasher starts in the quick rinse cycle then drains. I tried the hi-temp,air-dry combination. There isn't a heated-dry option. The door switch tests correctly for open/closed contact, the float is free to move. Even the circuit board is clean-no burns or visual distortions. My gut feeling is the answer is in the diagnostic code, only available with a reset. (And the reset itself would be a most grateful end.)
    Any help that someone can give would be most appreciated as the expense of a new dishwasher at this time is beyond my means. Many thanks, Brian
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2017, 08:04 PM
    You need to look up some fixes on YouTube, starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNSUHn9_cc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flzhfmIIYpM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zex_g2TJRl4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-bMqVb9kX0

2008mike1990 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2017, 06:17 PM
    Dtrom4444,
    I want to thank you for your help with my kenmore elite ultra dishwasher. The info led me to other approaches and now its working. Unknown to me the sears service guy also took the cover for the circuit board which became obvious only after viewing one of the YouTube sites you provided. Again many thanks,2008mike1990
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2017, 08:18 AM
    Hello,
    Back in the 1980s someone thought that they had stolen the entire formula (Top secret) and procedure to make the liquid inside electrolytic capacitors, but they did not get the final step. Manufacturers in Taiwan and China bought the faulty formula and began to make faulty capacitors which began to fail, more so in the 1990s and later. Now, when we see errors in circuits we first look at the capacitors to see if they have swollen ans failed, some show no outward sign. Other components can fail, too. I'm glad I could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I reset my kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.15779990 [ 5 Answers ]

I do not have a "dry heat" button. I have a "no dry heat" button. The "no dry heat" button comes on when I press start. Then the lock light flashes until I unlock it. Then it happens all over again. None of the other buttons will even come on except the quick rinse and the water heat, however it...

?how to reset kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.17772990 [ 0 Answers ]

My ultra wash was flashing "Lock On" I changed the circuit board. Now it flashes "Quick Rinse". Is there a way to reset the system?

Model 665 1376 2K600 kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher won't pump water [ 0 Answers ]

I have Model 665 1376 2K600 kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher. When I press the start button I hear the pump start but no water enteres the washer. After a short time the washer stops and then tries again. I have verified that the water supply is available to the first component (looks like an...

How to reset Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash model 665. 17053402 [ 0 Answers ]

The clean light is flashing and this happened to me when I first bought it. Could anyone please tell me the reset code for model # 665.17053402? My husband works around the country most of the year and I have to take care of all the maintanence problems not only for my own home but my 3 unit...

How do I reset my kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.15779990 [ 0 Answers ]

How do I reset my kenmore dishwasher ultra wash 665.15779990?

View more questions Search