Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

Apr 1, 2017, 10:50 AM
    New fast relationship/ dating
    Hi so I'm 25. I've been seeing this girl around school(24), for the past year maybe 3-4 times we usually just said hi to each other, and never had a conversation really, I though she was attractive but, didn't think I saw her enough for anything to happen, all of a sudden she appeared I saw her again at school I decided to ask her for her name and she did something very friendly at appear to my friends as attraction, so due to that the next time, I decided the next time I saw her I would get her, number... next time we saw each other we talked for a bit and got the number.she showed interest in me, from that day forward we have been talking everyday since through text, We have flirted, showed interest of a relationship and getting to know each other through text a little bit, but I really want to get to know her face to face. So I try not to ask too many things. We haven't seen each other since the day I received her number (6 days ago), we are both medical students with opposite class schedule and we both know it and have still agreed to make it work. She been very open with me about how she feels, so I have no doubt in my mine she's attracted to me. Ive also planned a date for the week of spring break.

• My issue is I'm not sure if we are moving to fast or, if this is normal since we both have high attraction for each other.i have pretty high standered, and she has surpassed all of them without much work
    • We also live about 2 hours from each other, not a big deal to me
    • Usually I'm shy when it comes to girls i like, but with her through text im a bit more bold, so I'm not sure how to approach the situation when we do meet and talk in person, I'm not sure if I'm going to be nervous, or comfortable, I'm prob over thinking it, or should i just go with the flow.
    • she also very bold and has made it clear she want to make this relationship go some where. And so do i.
    • it will be difficult since we are both busy medical students, but we have also agreed to work hard to make it work.
    • so does this relationship/ dating/ talking seem like its maybe too fast, or it is just right. I wanted to do things slow but she ended up texting me pretty often. So i just went with the flow. Sorry for all this information.
    • And yes we also know we have a lot to learn about each other
    • thank you. For reading
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 1, 2017, 11:38 AM
    Sounds OK to me. She clearly likes you. You are both busy. Treasure the times you do get to see each other.
    Just TELL each other when school gets in the way, such as if you can't talk much during exams.
    Talking, saying what you feel, showing understanding - that's all there is.
    (If anything, I wonder if you are a bit slow. She gave you her number, a big deal, but you haven't called her in 6 days? Texting is a cold cousin to a voice.... call her!)
    You're doing fine.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2017, 12:26 PM
    Keep your expectations in check. When you first start dating you're in the honeymoon period. It will be some time before you both get to know the real other person. Just go along for the ride and have a good time doing so. See where this takes you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2017, 01:02 PM
    Sex the first or second time you talk is fast, this sounds like normal, are you from a culture where dating or a girlfriend can take months ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2017, 02:58 PM
    Relax guy, as at this stage of getting to know each other, whatever pace you are both okay with is all that counts. Hopefully you can make some time in your busy schedules for person to person encounters and dates soon.

Enjoy getting to know each other, and see where it goes without high unreasonable expectations, and the coming months will reveal more of can you work together to build something or not. Just relax and enjoy and see how things develop naturally between you.
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

Apr 2, 2017, 07:42 AM
    Sort of, and by the way I've been raised

I think I was getting too comfortable, through text, so I called her and we talked for a bit, it went well, thanks for the advice
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 2, 2017, 08:41 AM
    Take your time and get to know each other. This is "getting to know you" time, not a marriage proposal.
    Don't over think this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Relationship is fast sinking. [ 8 Answers ]

I've been dating a man since 3/31/11 and tonight he called stating that I took his dental floss, apple juice and ice tea and bagels and that I should have asked. He also stated that thus far he has spent $400.00 taking me out on dates and out to dinner. I have never asked him to do such and would...

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

Our relationship got off to fast and now the spark is gone, what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been dating this guy for about 2 and a half weeks and it seems like the spark that I used to feel just being in his company is gone. I don't get all warm and tingly when he holds my hand or kisses me anymore, it just feels normal, like he's just a friend. I don't know what to do because I...

View more questions Search