Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2017, 08:13 AM
    Flynn wants a trade... Are prosecutors gonna trade UP or down?
    Hello:

If I was a prosecutor, and a suspect said he wanted to trade what he knew for immunity, I wouldn't trade for some underling.. I'd only trade for a higher up..

Uhhh.. Who's higher up than the national security advisor??

So, my question isn't WHEN Trump will be convicted.. It's HOW MANY people is he gonna take with him?

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2017, 08:50 AM
    I don't know what Flynn has, or on who, but he would have to show me what he's got. Till then... no reason to get excited, since a few more birds may want to sing before this is over! From what I have been seeing in the press, none of them including Trump(?) should get to cut a deal.

I have been saying BUY popcorn, and stay tuned. Netflix is optional. 8)
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2017, 10:25 AM
    Between Flynn and Manafort, something is rotten in Denmark. These guys might even be Russian moles. If not moles, they sure do a helluva good imitation.

Millions in payments from Russia for Manafort - and Flynn who "forgot" to register as a foreign agent while on Trump's team - these two birdbrains alone may be enough to crash the Trump charade.

Looks like Flynn, the former TOP intelligence guy, is willing to throw all his pals under the bus to save his own sorry a$$. The rats are scurrying as the ship slowly lists. Trump is about to get his hair wet.

(Added later: the video of Flynn shouting that anyone seeking immunity is proof of guilt. Priceless!!)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 02:17 AM
    Only in fiction is there an assumption that only the guilty seek immunity . In the real world innocent people seek immunity ,and the information they return is not always relevant and useful.

Scooter Libby got in trouble because he could not remember the details of a conversation with Tim Russet ,and the prosecutor manipulating the testimony of Judith Miller .Scooter Libby did not “out” Valerie Plame. That was done by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage .Fitzgerald didn’t charge anyone with leaking Plame’s identity or disclosing classified information to reporters. From the moment he took over the investigation Fitzgerald knew that Armitage was the leaker but declined to prosecute him because the disclosure of Plame’s identity wasn’t a crime and didn’t compromise national security. So in a effort to convict anyone ,he zeroed in on Libby . The case against Libby turned on conflicting recollections of a 4 year-old conversation.

If I was Flynn, summoned to testify to a Senate Committee(not a prosecutor.....any immunity granted would come from the Senate ),I also would ask for limited immunity against the possibility of charges of perjury based on incomplete recall of conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that the government illegally unmasked .He also should get immunity for any inadvertent divulgence of classified information needed to defend himself.

Athos ,While we are talking about business ties to Russia ,let's discuss Podesta's and Evita's business dealings with Russia .Or is that subject too radioactive ?
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 04:11 AM
    Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson, John Bentel, Bryan Pagliano and Paul Combetta all were given immunity by the Obama Justice Dept before testimony . Some after an FBI interview and some before. Despite that, Combetta and Pagliano both pleaded the Fifth and refused to testify.Lois Lerner also pleaded the 5th even after she made an opening statement .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2017, 04:44 AM
    Good points Tom, but the shiny object is Herr Doald, and his lying incompetent minions!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Athos ,While we are talking about business ties to Russia ,let's discuss Podesta's and Evita's business dealings with Russia.
    Try to stay focused, Tom. You have this tendency to run off to places not being discussed.

This is about Trump and his minions.

You do know, don't you, that deflection is a prime strategy of Trump when he's unable to deal with reality. Do YOU have difficulty with reality?
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 05:31 AM
    The shiny object is the politicalization of the Intelligence and Justice communities .IF any administration is reminiscent of the Stalinist Soviet Union it was the emperor's .
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The shiny object is the politicalization of the Intelligence and Justice communities .IF any administration is reminiscent of the Stalinist Soviet Union it was the emperor's .
    "STALINIST SOVIET UNION" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There you go again !
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2017, 05:54 AM
    1. Originally Posted by tomder55
    2. Athos ,While we are talking about business ties to Russia ,let's discuss Podesta's and Evita's business dealings with Russia.
    3. Try to stay focused, Tom. You have this tendency to run off to places not being discussed.

This is about Trump and his minions.

You do know, don't you, that deflection is a prime strategy of Trump when he's unable to deal with reality. Do YOU have difficulty with reality?
    Yeah I guess your double standards are irrelevant .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump IS gonna WIN the drug war. Smoothy is right. He's gonna go on a murder spree. [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: You know it too, doncha?? excon

In 2014 year, what is the correct way to treat the trade debtor / trade creditors? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a trade debtor/trade creditor question. In 2013, my client has trade debtor of $50,000 and trade creditor of $100,000. When we do 2013 tax return, we claimed these income and expenses (even though they were not paid or received). In 2014, my client still has trade debtor of...

How to record new vehicle trade-in where trade-in value & cost of new vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado vehicle that we received $21,000 for on trade-in for a 2012 Chevy Silverado vehicle that was purchased for $17,000, and we received $4,000 back in cash on the purchase of the new vehicle. The 2010 vehicle was Sec. 179'd at a cost of $33,000 back in 2010 using the tax...

The trade [ 4 Answers ]

One for the guys. It was a dark, stormy, night. The Marine was on his first assignment, and it was guard duty. A General stepped out taking his dog for a walk. The nervous young Private snapped to attention, made a perfect salute, and snapped out "Sir, Good Evening, Sir!" The General, out...

View more questions Search