Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gallaghk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2017, 01:43 PM
    NY non-resident, are deductions related to portfolio income deductible on IT-203
    NY, Non-resident IT 203 required. Partnership K-1 received for line 7 royalties and line 13L deductions related to portfolio income. On IT 203, Federal Amount and NY amount, there's a line for listing the income, Royalties for NY, but not the deductions related to that income. I know the deductions are included in Fed Sch A, but I see no way to link them to the NY income (only income for the state). I cannot seem to find if these deductions can be shown Net on IT 203 or not. Thanks for your assistance. Kathy
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 30, 2017, 07:38 PM
    I am applying common sense here, but if the expenses can be deducted on the IRS Schedule A under Miscellaneous Deductions, then, logically, those same deductions can be claimed on Line #7 of the NY Form IT-201-D.
    gallaghk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2017, 01:00 PM
    Thank you. Not sure I can use this as we are non-residents. Will try again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get a 1099misc box 6 but I don't have any business related deductions [ 1 Answers ]

Registered nurse that works at the same in home facility each day. I have 4 kids and only made 53000 dollars in 2009. I have no business related deductions and the self employment tax is going to sink my ship. What do I do? Am I just in serious trouble?

Loss of rental income deductible on taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

I have always been told loss of rent cannot be considered on your taxes. I want to do things right this time and maximize my return. Can I inlcude loss of rent on my taxes. We itemize everything and own two houses. One we live in, one we rent and have not recevied rent from 1 of the units since...

Organizing portfolio income / investment interest expense [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Mukata, Maybe you can guide me with this one... I am going to file US Tax for the first time as RESIDENT alien after getting my Green card for full year 2010. The scenario in 2010 is that apart from my Foreign Earned income which qualifies for FEI Exclusion, I have portfolio income from...

Is State and City taxes deductible from Groo Income? [ 3 Answers ]

Is state and city taxes deductible from from the gross income (or AGI) In computing for the Taxable Income for the Federal tax? Thanks.

NJ resident filing NY IT-203 non-resident return [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I know its crunch time for tax filing so any advice I will greatly appreciate! This is my first time filing and I am confused. I thought to file on my own because it would not be complicated. I am a NJ resident who worked a few months in NJ, half the year in NYC (full time) and a very...

View more questions Search