Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bell01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2017, 09:02 AM
    Water in heater vent from overflow washing machine
    My washing machine overflowed and water ran into my floor vents how to do I get the water out of the vents?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 30, 2017, 02:07 PM
    Vents, plural?

Take off the flexible conduit in the cellar, where it connects with the rectangular steel main. You will need wire cutters for the coiled wire, and a knife or scissors for the mylar. Feel around in the main to see if water got in there too. You may have to take the cover(s) off your furnace to look for signs of water. If you see any, call a technician.

Then you will need to reattach the conduit, and that means silver heat resistant tape.

If the conduit sags anywhere before the main, just poke a tiny hole in it and let the water out and let it dry enough to tape well.

I'm speaking as a DIY homeowner.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2017, 02:31 PM
    Supply or return vent? Gallons? Little bit? If a lot of water, go into the basement, find the lowest point on the supply or return ductwork, open the duct up and look for water. If just a little bit, turn on the heater and run it for a while, the water will evaporate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater/washing machine issue [ 3 Answers ]

When my front loading washing machine is adding water in up to 7 spurts at the beginning of the wash, there is a loud banging/clanking noise that occurs with each spurt. Several pipes have been checked by a plumber to see if loose and air resistors have been placed on both the hot and cold water...

Washing machine overflow but main supply/machine were off [ 10 Answers ]

Went away on Tues and came back today. Before I left I shut off the main water supply at the hot water heater. I turned on fawcett in the kitchen to see if it was off. Trickled for a second so I assumed it was off. Came back tonight and washing machine was filled to the top and I think it...

Washing machine pipes or hot water heater [ 15 Answers ]

Bad smell after doing load in washing machine

Dishwasher and washing machine will not activate ON DEMAND water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Dishwasher is kenmore 655.17512202

Washing machine overflow [ 2 Answers ]

Dear hel desk; We just replaced our old washing machine with a new one and every time the machine Drain the water it overflow from the water outlet and I have a 1 1/2 inch water waste line. What is the best way to resolve this problem? Thank you for your help bacon693

View more questions Search