Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iamamit9999 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2017, 02:12 AM
    Is magic possible?
    Three years ago, after watching a movie I tried to hypnotise a street dog with my eyes and the dog turned towards me and barked. How is this possible?
    I watched a movie “Warm Bodies” in which the actress turns the actor who is a zombie into a normal person by triggering something in him just by looking and being with him . I was very much influenced by this movie. Unbelievably the next day, I hypnotised the dog.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 03:58 AM
    I don't think it's a good idea to let a movie influence you that much. Imitating the things you see in movies can get you in trouble in real life, especially with animals, who tend to react aggressively to direct eye contact, and zombies who will eat your brains if you don't run!

How do you know the dog was hypnotized? Did you make it cluck like a chicken or something?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 29, 2017, 11:03 AM
    Please read his other posts, folks. Nobody believes me, but I maintain that an illness is developing. Iamamit, I hope you will get some help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2017, 12:28 PM
    Movies are not reality... I'm with Joy on this, a child may not be able to tell the difference, but an adolescent or adult should.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 05:56 PM
    "Magic" is not possible it is in the movies. Hypnotism is not magic, it is a principle of giving suggestions to a person (not dog) that is in a relaxed state. Not all people can be, but many are able to. It takes 100's of hours of training to be able to do it well.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Mar 29, 2017, 09:31 PM
    Haha! Then you are a Dog whisperer for sure! :p
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 30, 2017, 12:58 AM
    Arthur C. Clarke (developer of radar and author) once wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Did you show the movie to the dog?
    Iamamit9999 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2017, 05:10 AM
    Talaniman, I am sure the dog was affected or hypnotised as there was no other dog or person or any animal on the street. The dog was running away from me and I had never seen that dog before. But when I put pressure on my eyes looking at him, he turned towards me and barked only once and kept looking at me for almost 10 seconds.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2017, 06:07 AM
    You call that hypnosis? I don't think so. You merely got his attention for a limited time. It's a big red flag you would even attribute this small event to an imaginary power you are experimenting with. Don't delude yourself.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2017, 09:08 PM
    Dogs bark, and dogs will maintain eye contact with people that are looking at them. Ten seconds of eye contact and a bark, is not hypnosis, it's simply dog behavior. You're very lucky the dog wasn't aggressive, because direct eye contact with an alpha dog, can lead to being bitten. In the dog world, eye contact means you're challenging an alpha's position. The best way to approach a dog you don't know, is to look down, and keep your distance.

You are deluding yourself if you think you have special powers over dogs. You do not. This is coming from someone that has spent all her life with dogs, and has been around highly aggressive dogs. You have absolutely no magic at all, you just had an encounter, and you're lucky the dog didn't bite you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic [ 9 Answers ]

Is magic really real and who invented it?? :confused:

Help with magic [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me a month ago and says she just wants to be friends. I think the reason for the breakup was because I wasn't trusting her before but I trust her now. It's a long distance relationship and I'd like to give the relationship another chance. When I ask her to give us...

Magic Purple Creature Takes Boy To Magic Land [ 0 Answers ]

This movie I believe played on Nickelodeon or Disney in the 90's. I remember a little boy always being bored. After Dinner he goes to his room with this puzzle box and opens it and a little Purple Creature comes out and tells the boy that he is going to take him to a Magic World... The Boy Said...

What is magic? [ 31 Answers ]

Could someone please explain that: Magic is different than Magick which is different than devil worship. I'd explain my view of the difference, but don't want to get "thumped" anymore. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search