Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyheyybilliejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2017, 03:47 PM
    I'm not sure if I have the somatoform disorder or not.
    Hey, hey! I am not sure if im a hypochondriac or not. I always think I'm ill, migraines, stomach aches etc, but I saw that it is normally found in older people. I will say I'm between 11-15. Most the time I'm off school, either on the couch or in bed because i feel 'too sick' too go to school. I take meds for it but they barely work. Also I dont know if i am because my dad told me once that I am so I'm not sure what to think? I don't have anxiety (not that I know of) but sometimes I get really emotional in public. Answers?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2017, 03:50 PM
    What happens when you go to school?

Who prescribed the meds that don't work? Do you really take them??
    heyheyybilliejo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2017, 04:04 PM
    When I go to school, I sometimes get small headaches which turn into migraines, however, if I tell my dad it he'll just keep telling me to take more meds.

They aren't prescribed- I know it sounds silly, but they're just from my local store. My dad never really takes me to the clinic because the pain isn't really a good reason to go to the clinic. Anyway, I do take them
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2017, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heyheyybilliejo View Post
    When I go to school, I sometimes get small headaches which turn into migraines, however, if I tell my dad it he'll just keep telling me to take more meds.
    What happens when the headaches turn into migraines? How do you feel and what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by heyheyybilliejo View Post
    They aren't prescribed- I know it sounds silly, but they're just from my local store. My dad never really takes me to the clinic because the pain isn't really a good reason to go to the clinic. Anyway, I do take them
    What are the names of these meds? Your parents don't worry that you miss so much school? And the school isn't asking what's going on?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 28, 2017, 04:41 PM
    "Just from the store" can be bad for you. Please tell us WHAT you take exactly and how much and how often.
    For instance, I have chronic pain, and take a lot of Tylenol and ibuprofin. I know they are bad for my kidneys and liver, so I try to take as few as possible.
    Also how old you are. 11-15 isn't enough.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2017, 06:53 PM
    Rule #1. Even doctors know better than self diagnose... even they see other doctors.

The objectivity of a another person is critical in properly diagnosing things. A person can never be truly objective about themselves.

As an example, To a person suffering from untreated schizophrenia what they experience is very real to them.

Talk to your doctor the next time you see them.Talk with your parents, never try to self diagnose based on what you read on the internet, or even worse...self medicate.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2017, 08:33 PM
    You are 11 - 15. You have 11 - 15 disorder. Don't make it worse than it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could This Be A Disorder? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an adult rat named Remy and last night, for the second time this year, the same toenail somehow tore out of his foot completely. I have read that it's a common thing for rats to lose their toenails on occasion, but twice in the same year on the same foot? I have also recently bought a second...

Daydream disorder ? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm jules , I'm 16 and Ive allways been a daydreamer. I would say about 85% of my day I'm daydreaming about things that will never happen, like being in a relationship with a guy I don't know, Or sometimes I think of self pitty like things, and bad things happening to me that haven't and can...

Anankastic personality disorder with somatization disorder [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 25, a single man. My condition concerns me for many years. More than once I was appealing to neurologists and psychiatrists. Also I was myself researching some medical information. Doctors was making diagnoses: obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety-depressive syndrome with somatization...

My Relationship disorder [ 5 Answers ]

Well haven't been on here in a while last time I was on here I was crying over some girl... to this day I am... crying over some girl lmao Jokin! Thought I'd ease the tension first this might be a long read. Well durng university I met this FANTASTIC girl. I was sitting with my friends one day...

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

View more questions Search