Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iamamit9999 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2017, 09:29 AM
    Social problem
    I get annoyed by the behaviour and gossiping of strangers when I am riding my bike. Is this normal? How should I deal with this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 27, 2017, 09:31 AM
    Grow up and ignore them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 27, 2017, 11:23 AM
    Move somewhere where there are very few people.
    Where I live, rural CT in the US, you can bike for days and never hear anyone.

Later:

Your other question should be part of this one. Just because you brought it up, despite being from 7 years ago, and combined with this question, makes me concerned that you struggle with some problems that aren't easy to express. I would see a therapist. You could have 'something' psychological, anything from ordinary anxiety to Asperger's to schizophrenia (that's in descending order of likelihood).
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2017, 12:22 PM
    How do you know they are gossiping? About you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 27, 2017, 04:12 PM
    I agree with Ben, grow up and ignore it.

If they're gossiping about you, maybe confront them if you're this upset about it. If they're just gossiping, that's none of your business, and shouldn't be bothering you.

Get busy with other things instead of worrying about what other people are doing that doesn't concern you.
    current pert

Mar 27, 2017, 06:05 PM
    I think he's showing signs of paranoia, and hopefully just Asperger's, but a lot of schizophrenia starts out this way, especially in smart people, and he's a chemist.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Mar 28, 2017, 03:33 PM
    India (judging by your name) Big population small space, and you kind of know what everyone is up to, though you don't know if its accurate.. Haha! The best thing is as someone said above, Learn to ignore them. If they are talking something which can effect your future such as spreading rumors etc Confront them. Most of the time its just talks, they ain't got anything to offer in reality. So learn to ignore. It's a petty behavior, but you can't change peoples behaviors. Only learn to deal by ignoring and not giving them your precious time and energy by thinking about it.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamamit9999 View Post
    I get annoyed by the behaviour and gossiping of strangers when I am riding my bike. Is this normal? How should I deal with this?
    It is normal for you to be annoyed by people gossiping.

It is how you deal with it that is important, regardless of whether you're walking, drinking coffee, or riding your bike.

What you need to realize is that you're Eavesdropping, or listening in on conversations that you have NO right to be hearing. Bad on them for having such a conversation in a public setting, worse on your for listening in on private conversations.

What do you do, stop listening. Change your route or stop your bike at a different place. Stop listening in on PRIVATE conversations.
    current pert

Mar 29, 2017, 11:22 AM
    I can't get over how many of you responders don't understand simple paranoia.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2017, 05:04 AM
    I'm a bit confused by this. Are you riding in a group? Are you referring to people on the street as you ride by? When I ride, I barely can hear people on the street let alone know what they say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Disability Benefits Problem/Questions [ 3 Answers ]

My pharmacy told me I no longer had medicare and so I called Social Security and was giving this smack in the face: My SSDI stopped. Reason?: They were not told I stopped working. 1, I told them I stopped working the same day I told them I became homeless in July 2013. It was because of this...

What is the difference between a social problem and an individual problem [ 1 Answers ]

What are the distinguishing features of a social policy?

Cat has a social problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a male cat about 2.5 years old. His name is Skipper and he is a gorgeous red american shorthair. He was very active and extrmemly clutsy as a kitten breaking more things in the house than usual. He eats everything, loves people and never meows. I have 5 cats total, 2 males (including him)...

What is the difference between the social and the sociological problem [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between the social and the sociological problem

Social problem vs social control [ 1 Answers ]

Social problem vs socail control

View more questions Search