Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2017, 03:19 PM
    Antagonistic attitude
    A few days ago I had 3 ladies over for lunch. Two I have known for 7 years and one only less than 2 years, I call her for these purposes "Jen". Well, I also put out a bottle of wine, although I don't drink it and only Jen did and she drank more than half the bottle. After which this Jen during our conversation started getting "very antagonistic toward me about everything I was talking about". Just even simple things like clothes or cooking. She wanted "proof" of everything I said. I never saw this happen with her before and I figure it was the wine that did it. Although people say drinking may bring out the "real truth or way you feel about things". I never saw this with her before and I don't understand it. I recently had a book published and am doing well with it. She seems to be "very overly tight" with money all the time with everything. I suspect she could be jealous of my book, etc. and thus her demeanor. One thing is for sure, she won't get invited again. Plus, she brought a dessert and took it home again after we sampled small piece, stating she promised her neighbor the rest of it. My other friends each brought something, but left it with me, i.e. fresh fruit, small dessert.
    Please advise your feelings if any on what I have stated above.
    Thanks.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 03:26 PM
    Had you two been pretty good friends before this happened? If so invite her over and have a talk with her. Find out what is going on in her life. Maybe there is something going on that contributed to that.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2017, 03:27 PM
    To my mind, this is all about your feelings, no one else's, online or anywhere.
    No harmful, abusive, shocking events; just a luncheon that went off kilter a bit.
    Do what feels right to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 04:44 PM
    Maybe it was the wine since you mention nothing else in this 2 year relationship, oryou have just learned something you didn't know about Jen. Friends talk conflicts and disagreements through though, don't they?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 05:26 PM
    Is this the same person? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...nd-829902.html
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2017, 05:44 PM
    same person
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2017, 05:38 AM
    Are you having a hard time cutting ties, or just a lack of communication between you? What do you want, as obviously there can't be any changes in this relationship without you changing what you are doing about it. One wonders what you are holding on to, or why you cannot talk, air grievances and concerns, and resolve your conflicts, or at least accept the differences.

If you cannot simply limit your contacts to what you can handle. Maybe just a polite hello in passing? Appears to me you are trying to make this person into something she is not (a close buddy), and are frustrating yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have attitude? [ 2 Answers ]

People say that I have attitude, but I really don't show attitude to any one. The only thing I do is if don't like any one or if I have to fight with any one I just stop talking to them nothing more. Even though I get frustrated by their faces and their behavior I just don't talk to them. Unlike...

Attitude [ 10 Answers ]

I am having problems with my 10 year old son he use to be so loving and sweet now he has the attitude of "i dont care " you ask he to do some thig and we get I don't care.we changed schools at the beginning of the year and he settled in well now he is about to be expelled and we don't know what to...

Dog with an attitude [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal, my 22 month old Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix has a serious problem. She bites. Sometimes it's for play, sometimes she gets jealous but it is quickly becoming something that needs to be addressed ASAP. In the end, it is entirely my fault, because we've had her her entire...

My child's attitude [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old girl. Her attitude and personality since she started high school has changed so much. She has no respect for anyone else in the house, or family and friends. She will not do as she is asked, does not care if you take anything valuable away from her to try make her behave,...

Attitude changes [ 2 Answers ]

Hey as you all can see in previous post I am trying to grow and understand things in a clearer way so I turn to these post for advice. I would like to get any advice from ladies or even guys in a samular or same situations. My girlfriend and I have had out up and downs like any relationship. But...

View more questions Search