Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoran75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2017, 09:54 AM
    unexpected medical expenses
    My husband experienced unexpected medical expenses. We have insurance but our deductible and co pay is high. Bills continue to come in and at present we owe over $3000. In the past we just paid the full amount. My husband is retired now and we can't pay the whole amount up front. What % do we have to pay per month?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2017, 10:34 AM
    Depends on what you can work out with the medical provider, there is no set %.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 12:25 PM
    Call them and make arrangements according to your budget.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2017, 01:14 PM
    You pay in full, they are not required to accept less than full.

Some will work out a payment plan with you, others will not. Some will turn it over to collection agency if not paid in full.

You must talk to each one where money is owed and try to work out payment plans with them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2017, 01:31 PM
    You go to the actual office in the hospital that handles billing adjustments, you sit down, you bring all kinds of proof with you of your and your husband's income, and you politely ask them if they can reduce your costs, and work out a plan.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 26, 2017, 02:07 PM
    As long as you pay something, they are usually happy. I say pay what you can afford to pay and everyone should like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Premium Medical Expenses in Tax for H1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have one question regarding Health insurance Premium. I am on H1B visa holder and working in US. My company has some medical insurance plans but the premium is little higher. Hence, I decided to go with individual insurance from outside. I understand that if our medical expenses are more...

1040NR medical expenses [ 1 Answers ]

I spent around $8500 in medical expenses last year. I'll be filling a 1040NR form. Can I claim a deduction for this? It is definetively more than 7.5% of my gross income. Thanks

Medical expenses [ 4 Answers ]

I had a bad car accident and lots of medical bills for the past year. Some of ithe bills were covered by my medical insurance plan but not all. I have a lawsuit in progress against the vehicle that hit me. I want to know : Can O claim any of these medical expenses that I paid on my income...

Additional medical expenses [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's ex-wife is seeking additional medical expenses. In the divorce agreement, it doesn't say that he is responsible for any. There was an addition made to the child support payment equal to half of her insurance premium, because where he worked, health care coverage was not available. ...

Claiming medical expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am itemizing my deductions. I have a doubt regarding claiming medical expenses. I paid for Co-pay during the last year which is less than 7.5% of my adjusted gross income. Can I claim these expenses in my taxes. I greatly appreciate your help.

View more questions Search