Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moessashi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2017, 11:57 AM
    Can't separate brass water supply lines under bathroom sink.
    From what I've read, there's supposed to be two nuts to unscrew. There's very thin ones, but they won't budge! What do I do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2017, 02:10 PM
    There will be 2 nuts, a small one at the shut off and one at the base of the faucet or possibly a drop down line. Both loosen turning left.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 04:28 PM
    Are those flexible braided water supplies or rigid ones ? Either way, they should be relatively easy to unscrew. Use basin wrench for the connection at the base of the faucet and channel locks for the nut at the angle stop

Hope that helps

Milo
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 05:48 PM
    Show a picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clog in water supply lines after replacing section at main municipal supply... [ 1 Answers ]

I had an exposed water supply line that ran from the city inlet to my house. It was old and rusty so we decided to replace it with a PEX pvc piping. It's the same dia. (3/4") and we replace the one 90 elbow with a 45 instead. When we turned the water back on, it had no pressure, and after my...

Braided Sink Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

Problem with braided supply lines to new utility sink, when I hooked them up and turned the water on it only ran for a couple seconds then just stopped, took the lines off and turned the shut off on, and it ran out of there fine, put the supply line on the shut off and hung it in the sink, turned...

Bathroom supply lines from floor, drain through wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just came across this website and I'm hoping someone can help. We are trying to put a new sink/vanity into our first floor bath. The water supply lines come up through the floor and the drain goes through the wall. All the vanities I have found can accommodate the back but not the...

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Basement bathroom install, testing supply lines [ 4 Answers ]

Need some help. I'm a novice at plumbing but pretty handy. I am installing a bathroom in my basement. I will be tee-ing off the main 3/4" copper supply lines with 3/4" CPVC via sharkbite connectors. The 3/4" lines will feed cold and hot water to the bathroom. Here they will be split to...

View more questions Search