Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurie0823 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2017, 10:26 AM
    Is there any chemical I can add to soybean wax to increase fragrance oil?
    I by no means know anything about chemistry and do not feel like blowing up my kitchen playing around with different acids, compounds, formulas. I am trying to find a chemical that I can purchase to add to soybean wax to bring out/that will release the fragrance oil I put into the wax. I don't care so much about the color enhancer additive, as much as I want to find a chemical that can mix with soy wax and be able to release fragrance when wick is lit. I know there is something that can help in achieving this goal, but on the same token, as I mentioned above, I don't want to blow my house up while experimenting.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 23, 2017, 03:03 PM
    I don't know, and forgive me if this is unwanted, but aren't you shooting yourself in the foot?
    No one wants chemicals in their soy and natural oil candles. They even want to know that there is no lead in the wick!
    A best selling candle will emphasize that they use a lot of fragrance instead.
    You could even start a trend by saying how much, volume/volume.
    Fragrances, to my mind, are released by oil. Their own, the oil in the soy, whatever!

I know how frustrated I was recently, when buying almond paste. It's generally part sugar and maybe other ingredients, but they don't say how much!
    Today's buyer wants to know EVERYTHING.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2017, 06:00 PM
    Aromatic additives are common. Vanilla, cinnamon, sandalwood and others. Google "aromatic candle additives". I know of no " scent" enhancer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which fragrance do you like best on a girl? [ 5 Answers ]

Vanilla/Candy Fruity Floral OTHER...

Wood burner add on oil furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I recently installed a new Thermopride oil furnace that has a variable blower. The new furnace does not utilize a standard fan/limit control. The wood burner has a fan/limit control in it's plenum. I need to use this limit control to energize the fan on the oil funace. Any help?

Mamenori or Soybean paper [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a recipe to make/create Mamenori or soybean paper at home from scratch. I've scoured the web and haven't been able to find anything about the process. If anyone could shed some light on this subject, I'd be eternally grateful, no matter how difficult the process might be. Thanks in...

Would property tax increase if I add my brother's names to a deed [ 3 Answers ]

Would property tax increase if I add my brother's names to a deed

View more questions Search