Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tansyangeni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2017, 06:13 AM
    Took double birth control for 3 days
    I'm on norethindrone .35 birth control tablets. 3 days ago I started spotting on vacation 2 weeks after my period. I started taking two tablets for 3 days hoping it would stop the spotting. It did lighten it but my breasts have been extremely sore. Will everything be OK after I took my pills like that? What could cause my breasts to hurt like this? I should also add I'm 32 years old, no children yet & am sexually active. Could I even conceive on this medication & if I did, will the baby survive being that I took my pills like I did? Thank you
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 07:53 AM
    Mid cycle spotting is not uncommon. Taking the extra pills might be cause your breast tenderness, but it could also be other hormones. You could just be sensitive now because you've done something differently so symptoms you would've ignored a few months ago are significant and deserve attention now.

Chances that you won't conceive are probably the same as last month. The three double days probably had little effect on your body. What will be interesting is your period. You might want to talk to your doctor about when you should start your pack for next month. If your period is out of the ordinary in ANY way, I think you should use a secondary form of birthcontrol for the next cycle. Just to be safe.

Right now, the only evidence of a pregnancy would be a missed period, which, by my calculations, should come in about two ish weeks. If your period doesn't come in the two following weeks then take a home pregnancy test. Or confirm with a doctor.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Currently on birth control and I missed 2 days last week [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on birth control and I missed to days last week. As soon as I realized this I took the two I missed and then the next morning took my pill as usual. The next day I started a light period and it has continued for a week. My normal period doesn't come until next Tuesday and Ive never...

Missed 3-4 days of birth control during ovulation [ 0 Answers ]

I've been having a lot of problems with my birth control and missed about 3-4 pills during my ovulation cycle (or what I assume should be my oculation cycle). I went to my primary care doctor and he gave my ortho tricyclen. I'm worried because everything I've read says that ortho tricyclen should...

AM I pregnant I took only seven days of birth control and stopped [ 2 Answers ]

I had my period on August 22nd. I started taking birth control that day. I only took birth control for seven days and stopped completely. I had another period on September 4th and lasted for six days. I had unprotected sex on Sept 18th early morning. I haven't taken the pill since not on it only...

Could I be pregnant? Only on birth control 7 days :/ [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 and just started birth control pills for the first time - Ortho TriCyclen Lo. I had unprotected sex for the first time on the night that I took the 8th pill. I heard that it takes 7 days for it to be effective and technically it was 7 days, but was it cutting it too close? What are the...

Missed 3 days of birth control, unprotected! Help me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. well I was on birth control for about 3 months. I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected 2 days after I stopped taking the pills. I had about a day and a half of very light bleeding and I'm afraid it means implantation.Now this all happened about a week ago. Today as of 11/17/05.. I've thrown...

View more questions Search