Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mokozoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2017, 02:55 PM
    Breaker Panel Replacement
    An electrician was at my home and did a check after adding a new large plug for an electric range. He showed me the breaker panel in the garage where there are some burn marks and said it needed to be replaced. Conservative estimate is $3500. Do burn marks on the flat metal that the breakers connect to indicate a real problem and if so does 3500 seem reasonable replacement cost
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2017, 05:32 PM
    Yes there may be a problem but without more expert opinions you will never know if his price is reasonable, or entirely necessary. Get a few more estimates at least.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 22, 2017, 06:06 PM
    I agree, more estimates are needed. Rarely does an entire panel need replacement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker Panel Replacement [ 4 Answers ]

Will I have any problems with a building inspector if I pull a permit to replace the pushmatic breaker panel but leave all the clothe wrapped wire (Assuming the cloth wrapped wire was to code when it was installed)

Replacement cost of FPE circuit breaker panel [ 1 Answers ]

35 yr old house, 3200 sq ft. Just looking for typical cost in Dallas area. Are these panels unsafe as I have been told? Thanks

70 a sub panel with two 15a breakers what size breaker to feed panel [ 2 Answers ]

70 a sub panel with two 15a breakers what size breaker to feed panel

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

Breaker size in main panel to support sub panel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a sub-panel to the outside of my home (50 feet from main 200 amp box). I ran 3 wire - 6 gauge. What is the largest 2 pole breaker I can put in the main panel to supply the sub-panel. TYPE NM-B 6-3 WITH GROUND 600 VOLTS CIRTEX-I EZ-STRIP (R) PLUS 17:11 2/5/07 SB/RC ...

View more questions Search