Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pillowlawer Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2017, 01:15 PM
    Opinion: How do you feel about drones?
    Do you think they should be illegal or legal? Why?
    Would you want own a drone?
    Should the drones only be limited for government use or do you think it should be available for both governmental and recreational use?
    Feel free to expand the spectrum!

Hey guys. If you don't want to answer or share your beliefs, then don't! It's as simple as that. Be respectful, thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2017, 01:50 PM
    What about for commercial uses -- pizza or UPS or Amazon deliveries?

What about for conservation uses, overseeing endangered species, accessing remote public lands?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 21, 2017, 02:49 PM
    Before you start you need to define "drone".
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 21, 2017, 03:08 PM
    From the question it seems to be about recreational drones. I think that there needs to be no fly zones for them that meet strict guidelines. For persons that own or rent property they should be able to register the airspace as a no fly zone.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 21, 2017, 04:08 PM
    Legal. Because they are more useful than not.
    Yes.
    Gov't, business, personal, all uses and people over age 18.

2 cases local to me:
    teen boy sends drone over woman on beach to spy on her. he lost
    off duty journalist sends drone over a crime scene taped off. he lost
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 21, 2017, 07:16 PM
    Canada just introduced some strict laws for recreational drone use, every country should do the same.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 22, 2017, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowlawer View Post
    Do you think they should be illegal or legal? Why?
    Would you want own a drone?
    Should the drones only be limited for government use or do you think it should be available for both governmental and recreational use?
    Feel free to expand the spectrum!

Hey guys. If you don't want to answer or share your beliefs, then don't! It's as simple as that. Be respectful, thank you.
    This is how skynet started... just sayin'.

They should be legal, but their use should be regulated. There have been many occurrences of drone interference with commercial aircraft. There is a GREAT possibility for misuse. That said, I think they would be very useful. I can think of a bunch of applications. There needs to be a LOT of regulations though.

I don't have the time/energy to own or use a drone. I think it would be more novelty for me at the moment. It would not serve a use for me.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2017, 06:44 AM
    I think people should legally be allowed to shoot down any drone they see hovering in THEIR airspace around their homes (spying through windows as many have full HD cameras) anywhere in the country.

That would be a sufficient countermeasure available to Joe average, in response to those who wish to buy and use them. Plenty of logical uses for them as well as plenty of possible ways to abuse them.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I think people should legally be allowed to shoot down any drone they see hovering in THEIR airspace around their homes (spying through windows as many have full HD cameras) anywhere in the country.

That would be a sufficient countermeasure available to Joe average, in response to those who wish to buy and use them. Plenty of logical uses for them as well as plenty of possible ways to abuse them.
    Define Airspace? 40ft above ground? 50? All the way? What happens when commercial aircraft enter that air space?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 10:21 AM
    On the first show of "Shark Tank," Season 8, one of the presentations was for funds for a drone pilot training/flight school, apparently the only one of its kind. The school owners said they hope to branch out into helping businesses and individuals be able to fly their drones responsibly and safely.

Dart Drones on Shark Tank: Flight School for Drone Pilots | Heavy.com
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 01:18 PM
    Here are a few wxamples of how airspace is defined atleast in the US.

This Is How the FAA Regulates American Airspace

https://www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/no_drone_zone/
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2017, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Define Airspace? 40ft above ground? 50? All the way? What happens when commercial aircraft enter that air space?
    Not everyone is in a landing or takeoff flight path near an airport. Not even a 50 cal rifle will get anywhere near a commercial airliners altitude. Shotgun poses no rsk to even those living in those very limited areas.... and none to anything on the ground.

Do YOU want someone outside your window peering in on your daughter, or wife, claiming its nobodies property so its their right?... or for people who buy properties on either side of you to build a structure over your property bridging that claiming its not your airspace?

Assume in the near future... the Back to the future hoverboard becomes a reality.. would or should trespassing laws not apply to those too, since there would be no actual contact with the ground you own? Of course there is a reasonable limit as it wouldn't extend vertically for an infinite distance nor would be expected to.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 24, 2017, 07:34 AM
    The airport in Calgary is in the middle of the suburbs. So a 50Cal, if such a thing were LEGAL (Yay gun control!) could hit an aircraft. I wasn't even considering using firearms.

In Alberta Mineral rights are very important. Some places you own the first 20-50M down, after that the crown owns it. So the oil companies need to give you cash for the soil space that you own before they get to the 'crown' land. I am trying to relate how someone would be doing that for air space. How much do you own? When you start having private ownership of airspace, what rights does that give you?

I don't want any of those pearing into my house, that is what curtains are for. I am in higher density single family housing. I got maybe 60ft from my window to the rear neighbors window, probably closer to 40-50ft. I already have privacy concerns.

I don't like the idea of private drones. I think they have huge public applications, i.e. drone delivered tacos, but I think that it would be easy for private citizens to abuse the drones.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Not everyone is in a landing or takeoff flight path near an airport. Not even a 50 cal rifle will get anywhere near a commercial airliners altitude. Shotgun poses no rsk to even those living in those very limited areas.... and none to anything on the ground.

Do YOU want someone outside your window peering in on your daughter, or wife, claiming its nobodies property so its their right?... or for people who buy properties on either side of you to build a structure over your property bridging that claiming its not your airspace?

Assume in the near future... the Back to the future hoverboard becomes a reality.. would or should trespassing laws not apply to those too, since there would be no actual contact with the ground you own? Of course there is a reasonable limit as it wouldn't extend vertically for an infinite distance nor would be expected to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feel dizzy, headaches, feel like vomiting after drinking green tea. Any reasons? [ 8 Answers ]

I started drinking gree tea, because I know its healthy (that is what everyone say). I never made abuse of it, my maximum dose was 3 cups/day. I really like it and drink it with no sugar only some lemon and vanilla, or mixed with other teas. After a time, something like 3months, I started feeling...

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

My breast feel tender my period was short I feel a pulse in my stomach [ 1 Answers ]

My period lasted only three days but only one was normal the other two were really light I can feel a pulse in my lower stomach my mom had her period for four months when she was pregnant with me could I be pregnant

Why does my ear feel clogged, but it doesn't hurt. I also feel dizzy [ 11 Answers ]

Ok my husband woke up on Monday with his ear clogged, another thing he doesn't have any pain just ringing. It is Wednsday and all of a sudden today he started feeling dizzy. I am kind of worried. He went to the doctor today and she said that both of his ears looked good.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I can not feel my baby's movement I just can feel kicking [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 weeks pregnant an I can not feel my baby's movments I just can feel kicking for 5 times aday only is it normal or there is aproblem?

View more questions Search