Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikons11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2017, 10:38 AM
    How can I change file type?
    Something is wrong with my PC. None of my .exe files open and I don't know why. But I saw that all my .exe files in the row "type" is written something weird. I mean this thing "%1" %*. And I don't have no idea what is this. Is anyone knows how can I change it to make my .exe files open?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 21, 2017, 11:13 AM
    You need to do a system restore as something serious has gone wrong with your system.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 22, 2017, 05:28 AM
    Sounds like possible Ransomware. By changing the type of file they locked your files and want you to pay to unlock them. I'm surprised you haven't gotten a request for money if that's the case. Do your System Restore from Safe Mode. If it will run make sure your disconnected from the internet and run a virus check from within Safe Mode as well. If Safe Mode will not run you would have to do it from a System Restore/repair disc or boot disc. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mp4 file type. [ 4 Answers ]

Guys where I can download a program or a plug-in to play my mp4 file type? Tnx..

How can I change .exe file into normal file [ 2 Answers ]

My files & folder has been hidden and also changed in .exe (dos mode) due to virus.how can I solve this problem.please specify all possibility then I recover my important data.thanks

How to change file extension name .exe into file folder? [ 1 Answers ]

My file folder have suddenly change the extension file name into .exe, how can I restore my files? Help me please...

Enter type of file --HELP [ 8 Answers ]

I am just trying to upload a resume to an IREX career site and after I BROWSE, CHOOSE MY FILE FROM MY DESKTOP and SAVE... it repeatedy asks me to enter type of file. I don't know how/where to do that.. since usually it happens automatcially? I have tried to upload it as a word .doc. A pdf, and...

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

View more questions Search