Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hakik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2017, 01:57 AM
    Suppose the government is trying to balance its budget, but needs to raise taxes so t
    Suppose the government is trying to balance its budget, but needs to raise taxes so that they can cover the amount they have allocated on infrastructure expenditures. The government has decided to tax both gasoline and diary milk, but legislators are uncertain which to tax more heavily. The government is also concerned about minimizing the deadweight loss to producers and consumers. If the elasticity of demand for gasoline is -4.5, and the elasticity of demand for diary milk is -3.2 which product should the government tax more heavily?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2017, 05:52 AM
    Obvious they should tax gasoline, there is more of it consumed, it has little to do with elasticity of demand but the reality of the size of supply. You cannot make such decisions using only one criteria
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2017, 05:58 AM
    They asked you this question, what do you think? Do you know what elasticity of demand is and how you determine it? What does the minus sign mean?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 21, 2017, 08:07 AM
    You seem to be getting good response to your question, even though this HOMEWORK question (which, by the way, we are NOT supposed to answer on this forum) is NOT a tax question, but one of Economics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suppose that martha demands a pay raise to fight the inflation [ 0 Answers ]

1. Son has $150 to spend each week and cannot borrow money. He buys Malted Milk Balls and the composite good. Suppose that Malted Milk Balls cost $2.50 per bag and the composite good costs $1 unit. a. Sketch Son’s budget constraint. b. What is the opportunity cost, in terms of bags of Malted...

The Federal Government hasn’t had a budget in three years [ 2 Answers ]

The Federal Government hasn’t had a budget in three years? True or false

Master budget accounting - can't get balance sheet to balance [ 0 Answers ]

The balance sheet is out by $56000 - which happens to be the cost of the plant and equipment purchased. - I have done this 3 times, manually & on excel and can't find where I am going wrong I have attached my excel workings, any advice would be greatly appreciated The assignment is as below ...

I am suppose to do a t-account and trial balance I need help can some one tell me if [ 1 Answers ]

I am suppose to do a t-account and trial balance I need help can some one tell me if this is right and what do do next I am so lost.. please help Pose for Pics Date Account Names & Explanations Debits Credits Aug. 1 Cash 7500 Photography Equipment 32,500 Capital 40,000 Owner contributes...

View more questions Search