Ask
    rhawkinsss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2017, 10:56 AM
    gabapentin
    Can I take gabapentin while pregnant?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2017, 04:20 PM
    Ask your OB/GYN rather than the Internet!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2017, 04:42 PM
    While there are standard answers to many questions, when it comes to pregnancy and what you can and cannot take during your pregnancy, it's best to ask your doctor. Your doctor knows your medical history, knows what's going on in your pregnancy, knows the other medications (if any) that you're taking. It's really best not to rely on the internet when it comes to what you can or cannot take during your pregnancy, because like you, your pregnancy is unique, one of a kind, and not something you want to take chances with.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 20, 2017, 05:35 PM
    rhawkinsss, it's good to be an educated consumer of any drug, whether prescription, over over the counter, or even a supplement.
    If you google this drug, you will see that it is class C.
    That means that there could be risk in pregnancy, but it hasn't been determined.
    Scientists can't just give it to a bunch of pregnant women to see how they react. All they can do is examine medical records to see if they can find patterns in women who do take the drug while pregnant.

Your DOCTOR has to weigh the benefits against the risks, in light of your entire history and current health.
    That is why this is ONLY a question for your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gabapentin [ 3 Answers ]

How long does it stay in your blood and urine

What cough medicine can I take with cymbalta and gabapentin [ 0 Answers ]

What cough medicine can I take with cymbalta and gabapentin

What are gabapentin used for [ 2 Answers ]

I take a lot of medication and want to know what they are for please thank you

About taking gabapentin [ 8 Answers ]

MY neighbor who is one of my many about brain dead friends has benign skin cancer, high blood pressure, high cholestrol and IS an alcoholic. His boss sends him home insisting he is drunk a lot of times. He insists it is the medications. I tell him it is the beer he drinks all day on top of the...

View more questions Search