Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowgirlupwspurs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2017, 12:52 PM
    Will bees get enough to eat on Western Junipers and Pondarosa Pines?
    I am wanting to get some bees, but I am out in the desert with bitterbrush, sage, brush. I do have lots of Western Juniper and Pondarosa Pines not far away in the hills. Is this enough for them to eat? In late spring the Lupin fills the mountain side.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 19, 2017, 03:17 PM
    I think you have an excellent atmosphere for bees. And the plus is clean desert air. There are many apiaries though that can help you select the right types for bee and there are many. Do your selection with a lot if care and patience and good luck. It looks like bees are dying off in some areas because of pesticides.

Tick
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 19, 2017, 04:32 PM
    The lupines are good for honeybees, but the Junipers not so much. The Juniper tends to shadow the ground so heavily little undergrowth can survive, limiting bee food sources. If you could get some Palo Verde or Creosote started that would help them out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mungo Pines [ 2 Answers ]

How do you trim Mungo Pines. I have 2 large ones that have never been trimmed or cut back. When is the best time of year to trim and how and how much so the pine bush does not go into shock. They are looing big now and I must do something soon. Zone 5 in Illinois. Thank you.

Junipers have gone brown over winter in southern ontario are they dead? [ 1 Answers ]

My junipers have turned completely white over the winter in southern ontario they are about 5 yrs. Old. Any suggestions?

Pruning Skyrocket Junipers - How? [ 1 Answers ]

I planted 2 Skyrocket Junipers up against the front of my home 2 years ago, in a rather confined area, and I have not pruned them yet. I desperately need to prune them now so that they will stay more narrow and not spread out in width like they are doing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to...

Crawling Junipers/ Turning BROWN! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I live in northwestern PA. and have problems with my Creeping Junipers turning brown in my landscaping in front of my house. I have trimmed the brown back, fertilized and everything. This has been going on now for 2 years and I have evn had to replace a couple that died totally this year. What...

View more questions Search