Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andiec1027 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2017, 08:13 PM
    Faucet seat threading is stripped
    I think the faucet seat threading on the faucet may be stripped. Is there any DIY to fix?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 17, 2017, 08:43 PM
    Assuming you are saying the body of the faucet is stripped, not the seat itself.
    Select a seat that is slightly larger in diameter, drill out the hole and rethread to fit the new seat.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2017, 09:19 PM
    Your question is a bit confusing. What exactly do you think is stripped? Older faucets have threaded stems with washers. The stems are fitted through corresponding threads in the faucet body, tightening the washer down on a seat. Newer faucets have cartridges that mostly just rotate 1/4 turn. Please clarify.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 20, 2017, 08:38 AM
    You may be trying to install wrong thread-rise seat. Make sure you have exactly the same size seat that faucet takes. No other seat will fit.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove a stripped screw from a shower faucet that is rusted and stripped? [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove a stripped screw from a shower faucet that is rusted and stripped?

Stripped out seat in shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a seat wrench from my local hardware store to remove a seat that is chipped in my shower. I used the wrench on the seat and it was so old (my guess is 15 years or so) that it just stripped out the metal and now I can not get the wrench to turn it at all. I have called a few plumbers and...

Seat in old bath faucet is stripped [ 2 Answers ]

Have an old bath faucet, the seat is stripped and seat tool just spins around in it. Need ideas on how to remove.

Stripped faucet seat? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, so we put in new a faucet seat but the shower still leaks. Having trouble screwing in the new seats. I think the problem is that the piece that it screws into is stripped... what can I do?

View more questions Search