Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qaz112 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2017, 10:48 PM
    Facebook posts
    Can I post longer posts on FaceBook ,i see they are all short. maybe several paragraphs would be good or dont people use fb for that?
    --------------
    also, if i were to post a link to my blog on fb can the fb page owner remove it?

Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 17, 2017, 03:21 AM
    Yes you can. They look short, but there's a clickable 'more' at the end that opens the page up.
    My page is set to BLOCK any individual, even those on my friends list, who tries to post on my page! UGH.
    Yes, of course a page owner can remove anything they want.
    I don't think you comprehend the nature of Facebook. It's for communicating with people we know. You have to PAY Facebook to be a 'suggested post' that will show on anyone's feed who tends to like sites similar to sites they already have liked.

Mar 17, 2017, 04:06 AM
    I've got much to learn, didn't realize you could block a poster, in fact I thought that without posts the page would be empty or am I getting post mixed up with something else like a time line

What's a feed please

Thanks
    current pert

Mar 17, 2017, 04:58 AM
    On Facebook, a feed is the column of posts that appear on your page, friends and 'suggested sites' in the middle, and ads on the right column. It is arranged according to a formula partly determined by you and partly by Facebook. Every time you hide or delete a 'suggested' post, you are asked why and can give feedback from a button list. This helps to customize the formula to your tastes. As for people/sites you Friend or Follow, how often you interact with them determines in part how often their posts show up on your page.
    Read all your settings, basics, privacy, and so on. (It's amazing how many people don't!)

Mar 17, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Surely this leaves u w3ith an empty page; My page is set to BLOCK any individual, even those on my friends list, who tries to post on my page! UGH.

thanks
    current pert

Mar 17, 2017, 05:43 AM
    Don't confuse 'they post on my page' with 'their posts appears on my page.'
    The first is your deliberate posting on my page. It will show with a header of your name > my name.
    The second is a post you make and select to 'share with friends.' (You can also select other ways to share.)
    As I said, it may or may not show up on your friends' pages, depending on how often you interact (such as Like or comment) on that friend's posts.

I don't want to be a one person Facebook coach... it's very easy to learn all this the way we all do, by using it and reading the options.

Mar 17, 2017, 06:37 AM
    Thanks for the info, I've got enough now to get started

M
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2017, 07:44 PM
    Some people do. The real issue is that almost no one reads long posts. They look at cute kittens, funny goats but don't get into long posts

Mar 18, 2017, 02:53 AM
    Thanks Chuck

I can see that being the case.

Effffffff
    current pert

Mar 18, 2017, 03:50 AM
    I read them. IF it's written by someone I know and like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reposting Facebook comments/posts [ 2 Answers ]

I was asked a question and have no answer - or idea. I think that once you post a photo on line it's there forever, and other people can copy, paste and use it, without permission in most cases, as long as they don't make money from the posting. What about comments? Could a person post...

Managing posts on my Facebook Wall [ 2 Answers ]

Must every who is a friend be able to read everything that comes in on my wall on Facebook? If someone writes to me and I don't want what they say to stay on my wall for everyone else To read, can I get rid of it any way?

I can't comment to posts to my Facebook. [ 3 Answers ]

The comment area is grayed out and will not allow me to comment. HELP!

Facebook wall posts, printing. [ 5 Answers ]

Can a friend legally print,distribute to her own friends,discuss and ridicule you from texts exchanged between myself and another friend from my own wall posts off Facebook.

View more questions Search