Ask
    Sammie1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2017, 06:10 PM
    Why won't they eat out of their bowl
    My dog used to eat from his bowl and all of a sudden he stopped
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2017, 06:29 PM
    Has something changed with his bowl? Did you wash it and now it smells different? Is it even the same bowl? Has the food changed? -- different brand? Is it difficult for the dog to bend over to eat? Please give us more description.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 20, 2017, 03:41 PM
    Does he eat at all?

If he's refusing to eat it could be a tooth issue that's hurting him when he eats, could be a tummy issue that's making him refuse food. Could be so many medical things.

If he's still eating the normal amount he used to, but is just refusing the bowl, then refer to Wondergirls post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't eat out of bowl [ 1 Answers ]

One of our two chinese cresteds died 1 1/2 months ago. Since then, the remaining chinese crested refuses to eat dry food out of her bowl. In fact, until a couple days ago she refused any dry food. Now, she will reluctantly eat it piece by piece from my hand, and only my hand(no one elses). She was...

Shorkie won't eat from bowl [ 1 Answers ]

My Shorkie (Schitzu/Yorkshire Terrier) is 9 months old. For the past few weeks he will not eat out of his bowl. Tried different foods... he will eat out of your hand, off the floor, off a paper towl.

Dog won't eat from bowl [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 1 yr. old Shih Tzu that suddenly stopped eating from his bowl. He always ate from it before. The only phrase I can think of to describe it is that he is terrified of his bowl. He will growl and whine at it. However, if we put the food on the floor, he eats it, but won't come near the...

Why my dog won't eat out of his bowl [ 5 Answers ]

Well my dog roman will not eat out of his bowl! He is a German sheperd/rotweiller mix (very nice dog). We rescued him from a shelter and from the beginning he was very skittish but has warmed up. THe only thing is that he got scared of his bowls I guess it moved a little and it scared him and know...

Dog Won't Eat from a Bowl [ 3 Answers ]

My dog, a Shih Tzu REFUSES to eat from a bowl. She will eat off the floor or from your hand but not out of a bowl. She also won't eat off a plate. I made a big mistake about a year ago - she wouldn't eat her kibble so I hand fed it to her in the morning. Then she started to refuse her evening...

View more questions Search