Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophiedancer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2017, 02:59 PM
    Need music for my dance choreography!
    Need music for my dance piece!

I have a piece I asked to choreograph for my dance company. I am 16 years old and just joined the company last year. I was trained in ballet for ten years and just moved to this studio, which is a mix of modern and contemporary. My vision was a theme of nature and growth, but recently I've been playing with the idea of people supporting each other and thought I could mash the two together. I had a song (Berlin by the Piano Guys) and I loved it because of the slow and isolated beginning that led to a powerful crescendo and went back to the same isolated ending... it was very beautiful and I was so excited to use it. However, my teacher didn't seem to like that song, and said an adult choreographer used it in their company about three years ago and said it was good for me to have "backups". Yeah, I figured out he didn't really want me to use it.

HERE'S WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP! :)
    I've been searching YouTube for hours but cannot find any songs that left a lasting imprint on me AND complements movement. I would like an instrumental piece that has a slow quiet and isolated beginning, perhaps some crescendo, and possibly a repeat of the isolated beginning? If you don't have that, ANY beautiful, powerful, delicate piece that you personally love or think would be a good idea. Literally put anything down. Any suggestions for movements of group structures/patterns would be great also. I can give you a part of my choreography plan if that would help!
    Thank you so much for helping me!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 15, 2017, 03:16 PM
    How long do you want it to be?
    'Mix of modern and contemporary' means you don't want/can't use classical?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2017, 03:17 PM
    Mash "Simple Gifts" and maybe "Over the Rainbow" with Jon Schmidt's (pianist from the Piano Guys) "Road Trip."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HYr-1lD-t7I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0KAm-06AO0

David Lanz, "Christofori's Dream."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwa5E-Z_CY0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's-90's dance music [ 0 Answers ]

There was a Dance artist around the same time as Black Box & CnC muzik factory. They released maybe 5-7 trax over approx. 2-3 yrs. Their name was 1 word of about 5-7 letters. I think they wr European (surprise!) I cnt even recall a song name... Please Help ��

Music video from ?mid 90s? Dance music, teddy bears picnic [ 0 Answers ]

It was a stop frame animation video, not great quality, scene was a park I think, with teddy bears and maybe other toys having a picnic which degenerated into drinking, taking drugs, having group sex and fighting, maybe stabbing etc. The sun in the sky was singing I think, maybe just a chorus bit....

Dance Music name please!! [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, can any one tell me please what is the name of the first music in the strip club in this movie's video?? The bodyguard 2 Part1-1 - YouTube

GCSE Dance Choreography Themes [ 2 Answers ]

Hey,:) For my GCSE dance we have to choerograph a dance about a certain theme, I need three stimlus and so far have two (Symphonies and Technology) but I Desperatley need another. Please could anyone help with this. Anna. . X*o

Music from So You think you can dance ad? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know who sings the song that is being played on the NEW So You Think You Can Dance america Ad? Its on channel 10 Its lyrics are just 'shake' :)

View more questions Search