Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt cole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2017, 03:15 PM
    Water faucet just trickling.
    My pipes froze but I unfreezed them with blow dryer. All water are working with the exception of the downstairs bathroom water faucet as the water is just trickling. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 13, 2017, 04:13 PM
    Could still be partially frozen. Leave both hot and cold open and check every 10-15 minutes
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2017, 05:19 PM
    Yes, keep heating and I would also check the aerator. Sometimes the ice breaks off sediment and it clogs the aerator.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 14, 2017, 09:58 AM
    Clean aerator screen. May be filled with debris
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2017, 05:58 PM
    OK its been 24 hours, how is the trickle?
    kadled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2017, 09:43 PM
    Removed bathroom facet from old vanity. Put in new vanity, reattached old facet. Turned water (Hot and Cold) back on. Open the cold and hot and they flowed... and then sputtered and stopped working. Tried cleaning strainer. Can this be a air-lock.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 17, 2017, 10:00 PM
    Hello Kadled,

thank you for your detailed explanation of your plumbing problem. What happened, by closing and opening angles stops ( valves under the sink ) you have released some debris into the supply lines and faucet itself. Now, you have to go determine where is the blockage.

Remove aerator. Close angle stops. Unscrew water supply connectors under the sink and at the faucet. Take small bucket, put it inside the cabinet. Put one connector into the bucket and carefully turn water supply ON. See if you get good flow. If yes, close and repeat with the other water connector. If no flow, there is debris inside water supplies. Remove supplies and remove debris. Reinstall.

If you have 8" wide spread faucet, make sure the short water supply connectors, that connect Stems and Spout under the sink, directly below the spout, are not kinked. If positive, release the kink.

If both water supply connectors have good water flow, and water trickles even with aerator removed, that the blockage is either in the cartridge, or where 2 short water connectors connect to the spout ( with 8" faucets only ).

Turn water OFF. Remove cartridge and flush it under running water. Before you reinstall cartridge, put towel over cartridge cavity and quickly turn h/c water On and OFF for a second to flush out debris lodged inside the faucet. Reinstall cartridge

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom faucet hot water trickling [ 2 Answers ]

My hot water in the bathroom sink is just a trickle. About pencil sized. It isn't the aerator/filter thingy. I clean that regularly, and my cold water is just fine. The water everywhere in the house is just fine. I have two bathrooms. The style of my sink is similar to this one... Shop...

Jenn-Air water dispenser making noises and trickling water [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 4 1/2 year old Jenn-Air side by side fridge. The water dispenser was trickling water so we got a new line and new filter. Now it makes a loud noise and still trickles.

Trickling or No Water in Cold Water Pipe in 1 Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

The cold water in the sink and toilet tank in our basement bathroom comes out either as a trickle or not at all. The cold water works fine in all the other bathrooms (2), the kitchen and laundry room. The toilet water connection is turned on all the way, as is the sink. The hot water in the sink...

Trickling water faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bathroom faucet that only trickles water, both hot and cold. When open does not change, when shut goes off. Valve is open, toilet works fine, when toilet shut does not effect. I just bought the house and the water pressure is also low throughout the house. Thank you

View more questions Search