Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terry Ryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2017, 09:13 PM
    How to know if a chain link is mine or my neighbors
    The chain link fence between my neighbor's property and mine needs repair. How can I tell who owns the fence?

Who owns the chain link fence that separates my neighbors property and mine?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2017, 10:13 PM
    Have a survey done. It will show boundary lines and then you can see where the fence is located.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 12, 2017, 04:51 AM
    One clue might be which way the fence 'faces.' If the pipes are facing you, then the neighbor installed it. That's tradition anyway, but not etched in stone.
    It's also possible that both owners chipped in on it, and it's right on the line.
    Best option would be to have a friendly chat with the neighbor about any known history and all possible options.

You can pay for a cheap survey, but it's one that you can do yourself. Go to town hall and get a map of your area. I paid $2 for one. Then get together with your neighbors on all sides with a lot of tape measures or laser measurers. Also look at your deed. It should have a map of exact feet and inches of each of the 4 sides.

A 'real' survey with transits and nearest USGS marker is expensive. That's the only way to place you exactly on the earth, with latitude and longitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my laptop see my neighbors wireless and not mine [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Acer laptop and a wireless router but my laptop sees my nieghbors wireless and not my own - why is that?

How to conceal neighbors mess behind my 6' chain link fence. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a swimming pool in my back yard which has a 6' chain link fence surrounding it. My problem is that my neighbor"s yard is a mess. Their property sits higher than my property and all I look at is their war zone of a yard. They also have a big dog that puts its paws on top of the fence and...

Removing a chain link fence [ 12 Answers ]

We are getting ready for a new fence and have decided to remove our old chain link fence ourselves to save the $400 that the fence companies charge for this chore. The only problem is that I have no idea how to do it. Anyone have any good advice?

Remove a chain link fence [ 4 Answers ]

We are removing a chain link fence. Should we leave the concrete in the ground? If no, how do we get it out?

Chain link holes [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I have some holes in my chain link fence, and was wondering how to patch them, there about 2 foot and are in the center of the fence

View more questions Search