Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckstar78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2017, 06:16 AM
    Stabbing pains under my right rib
    Hi I'm 9 weeks pregnant and a few hrs ago I suddenly got severe stabbing pains under my right rib and 6 months prior was diagnosed with gal stones but with plenty of home detoxs and flushes and changing my diet to abit healthier I thought they went away or I flushed them them out. As back then I was adamant about not getting my gallbladder out as its in our body to serve a purpose and do the job the gallbladder is surpose to do, but around 4 or 5pm this afternoon suddenly that pain I once used to get for hrs on end returned under my right rib cage and is still there right now as we speak. I'm thinking of going to the hospital as I'm nearly 39 and this is my 5th baby on the way. Its slowly easing but I'm still unsure what to do.

Gallstones 100%
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 11, 2017, 08:50 AM
    Gallbladder removal was a cakewalk for me, in hospital 4-5 hours, took one Vicodin that night, fine from then on.
    You don't need a gallbladder any more than you need an appendix or a wisdom tooth.
    While your diet changes are admirable, especially in that your liver still secretes bile, a necessary part of digestion, and you should keep that good diet, you probably have pain because stones are blocking the outlet. Plan on much more trouble if anything gets infected.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2017, 04:44 PM
    See your doctor for the best options to deal with those gallstones. If they cannot be pulverized and passed, removal is more than likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 17 yr old son, he has had a stabbing pain under his rib cage in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my 17 yr old son has a stabbing pain in the middle from his groin erea up to his rib cage. At first it was just under his rib cage. I don't know what to do please help. Thank you any ideas??

I have a stabbing pain at the base of my rib cage on the outside. [ 0 Answers ]

My stabbing pain is on the outside bottom of my left rib cage. What would cause this.

Stabbing pains [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if you can help,when I am dropping off to sleep or asleep,I have stabbing pains in my legs and arm,it is like someone giving you a nasty pinch.:(

I get stabbing Pain in Right rib, it's not gallstones, what is it? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been getting bad pain in my rib area. I got checked for gallstones and is not that. Could it be pain due to my scoliosis or some nerve problem I may have? I had an accident when I was a child and also I have marfan disease features, like I'm really skinny and long limbs. Docs have told me...

Sharp stabbing pains under left rib *possibly 8 weeks or more* [ 3 Answers ]

I have this sharp stabbing pain on the bottom left side of my ribcage. I got a positive pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and I have no idea how far along I am. Probably 8 weeks or more. The pain feels like those cramps you get when you run too much, but I didn't go running or do anything. When...

View more questions Search