Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2017, 10:08 AM
    A day in the life of Joe Middle Class Republican
    Hello:

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.
    All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification. (Those rural Republican’s would still be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day)

Joe agrees, “We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2017, 11:19 AM
    Yeah I heard this a while ago on Thom Hartmann's radio show .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2017, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Yeah I heard this a while ago on Thom Hartmann's radio show .
    And?????
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2017, 12:21 PM
    it is BS of course . If I had the time ,and it was worth my time ,I could write a counterpoint 'the life of Joe the lib' . It is also grossly out of date . It was authored in the 80s ....a lot has changed .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2017, 12:28 PM
    it is BS of course . If I had the time ,and it was worth my time ,I could write a counterpoint 'the life of Joe the lib' . It is also grossly out of date . It was authored in the 80s ....a lot has changed .
    What color liquid (with black debris?) flows out of your faucets? Picked any hair out of your canned peaches? Have to wear a mask when you go outside? No? Stay tuned....
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 12, 2017, 12:15 PM
    Water runs clear so they can hide poisons in it thanks to liberals. The healthcare that is paid for by the employer is not from a liberal union. It was started as a side benefit to hire people when the market wages were frozen. It seems only liberals are the ones who think they are the only answer and not the people.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 21, 2017, 07:11 PM
    This is spot on, so many fools vote against their own interests in the U.S. just because they hate gays or think that someone will take their guuuuns. They say that many of the 24 million people who will lose their health insurance will be poor seniors, many of whom voted for Trump. I have no sympathy for Trump voters who lose their coverage.
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2017, 10:01 AM
    But you have no sympathy for the Medicaid recipients who were at the poverty line ,single female w/children ,or the disabled who are now getting less than the new healthy above poverty line able bodied recipients under the Obamacare Medicaid expansion. Obamacare compensates the states for the Medicaid expansion population at 100%, while compensating the states for the historical Medicaid population at only 57%.

https://www.mercatus.org/commentary/...needs-be-fixed
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2017, 08:15 PM
    But you have no sympathy for the Medicaid recipients who were at the poverty line ,single female w/children ,or the disabled who are now getting less than the new healthy above poverty line able bodied recipients under the Obamacare Medicaid expansion. Obamacare compensates the states for the Medicaid expansion population at 100%, while compensating the states for the historical Medicaid population at only 57%.

https://www.mercatus.org/commentary/...needs-be-fixed
    Now Tom they wouldn't be able to do that with a single payer solution
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 04:20 AM
    Totally agree with you on that Clete, but repubs will never consider single payer as an option to cover everyone affordably, especially those that think the free market never fails.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2017, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Totally agree with you on that Clete, but repubs will never consider single payer as an option to cover everyone affordably, especially those that think the free market never fails.
    But Tal, this marvellous free market they set up has failed, perhaps it was designed to fail, because if you wanted to work you wouldn't have done it this way, but then it was designed by a committee
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2017, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Single payer is the ONLY way to control the escalating costs of healthcare - the costs being the original reason to reform healthcare. It is also by far the most efficient method of distributing healthcare.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2017, 06:02 AM
    Don't forget the problem of capacity to provide for the consumers. We see that all over the world.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2017, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Single payer is the ONLY way to control the escalating costs of healthcare - the costs being the original reason to reform healthcare. It is also by far the most efficient method of distributing healthcare.
    I agree with you, it certainly put a cap on it in Australia despite the doctors bleeting like sheep
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 23, 2017, 07:05 PM
    If you live outside of the U.S. you could also add that you won't go bankrupt if you have a serious illness or accident because some liberal fought for universal healthcare. Violent crime is lower and mass shootings are rare because some liberal introduced strict gun control laws, look at Canada, Britain and Australia. People are smarter and better educated because the head football coach doesn't earn 10 times as much money as the university president. People believe in evolution, climate change, and vaccines because of better education.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2017, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    If you live outside of the U.S. you could also add that you won't go bankrupt if you have a serious illness or accident because some liberal fought for universal healthcare. Violent crime is lower and mass shootings are rare because some liberal introduced strict gun control laws, look at Canada, Britain and Australia. People are smarter and better educated because the head football coach doesn't earn 10 times as much money as the university president. People believe in evolution, climate change, and vaccines because of better education.
    Let us just examine this for a moment, the people who put tight gun laws in place in Australia were called liberal but they are actually conservative unlike their leftist opposition. Britain has had tight gun laws for a long time probably back to the dark ages. The important link between those three nations is not the politics but the form of government, a government that works by compromise and common sense. People in these nations are well educated because they have a strong emphasis on public education and believe in quality not quantity. I don't think people believing in evolution and climate change is an indication of education otherwise all the americans would believe, but vaccines are taken because of outcomes.

The point I'm making here is that education in these nations is carried out by governments and is not left to local organisations. There is a lot to be said for central government to ensure uniformity of laws

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get an 8th grade (middle school) guy to hang out/like you? Jock/class clown [ 15 Answers ]

So there is a guy that I have liked for 9 months now. I told him, (he kept asking) I liked him in March and we only talked-just me and him-once over the summer. When school started(8th grade) he was in 2 of my classes. We maybe said a few words but not much. Than my math teacher was amazing...

Middle Class Tax cuts [ 17 Answers ]

Well the details are in on that tax cut for 95% of us . Time to start planning on how to spend it now. Sit down and sharpen your Dixon #2 Ticonderoga Pencil . Here's the details : You get an addition $13 bucks a week in your paycheck starting sometime in the spring! Beginning next year the...

Outsourcing robs Middle Class Americans of Economic Security. [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing a essay and I am having trouble finding specific mainpoints and details to support my topic. I am working on a outline for my essay.:confused:

View more questions Search