Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsLette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2017, 08:19 PM
    Late period but sexually inactive
    Good day! I usually have a regular menstruation. But this month it is almost 12 days late. My last menstruation was January 26, I had my last sex on December 26 which is the first day of my period on that month and never had any sex after that up to this time (I'm sexually inactive for overtwo month now). I wasn't sure if this delayed period was just because of stress since I'm worried about my job for a month now since I'm having problems.
    I had my usual PMS like bloatedness, lowerback ache, acne break out, I look pale and I also have small brown discharge whenever I'm at work but it stops when I'm resting at home.

My friends told me I might be anemic that's why there's no blood coming out from me. I'm still worried and I don't know what to do.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2017, 08:48 PM
    Did you have a period since you last sexual encounter? Was it a normal period?

A lot of things can cause a lat period, stress, weight loss, weight gain, anemia, illness, medication, exercise, and many other things.

If you had a normal period since you last sexual encounter, then there's little chance that you're pregnant. If you're not sure if you had a normal period between then and now, try a pregnancy test. Use first morning urine and make sure to follow the instructions exactly.

If this is a concern, time to see your doctor.

Good luck. :)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 9, 2017, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Did you have a period since you last sexual encounter? Was it a normal period?

A lot of things can cause a lat period, stress, weight loss, weight gain, anemia, illness, medication, exercise, and many other things.

If you had a normal period since you last sexual encounter, then there's little chance that you're pregnant. If you're not sure if you had a normal period between then and now, try a pregnancy test. Use first morning urine and make sure to follow the instructions exactly.

If this is a concern, time to see your doctor.

Good luck. :)
    If I could greenie you... This is the perfect answer.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 AM
    That 'small brown discharge' IS menstrual blood and tissue. It has just been exposed to air longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've missed my period but I'm not sexually active? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm fourteen years old, I've missed my period date about 5 days ago and I'm really worried as me and my boyfriend was fooling around a couple days before, we didn't have sex, I'm still a virgin

Missing period but not sexually active? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16 years old and a couple months ago my period just started to regulate to every month instead of every two months. When I was in gymnastics at 12 years old my period stopped completely and I had it seemingly every time I took a break from the sport. Now I'm in swimmimg practicing vigorously for...

I'm 17 and I'm a few days late for my period, me and my boyfriend are sexually active [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 17 and I'm a few days late for my period, me and my boyfriend are sexually active but I'm on the pill and he uses a condom every time. I know neither of these are 100% but I also understand basic math. I find the odds of them both failing at the same time to be rather ridiculous. I've been...

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active [ 1 Answers ]

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active

My period is 2 weeks late now.I was sexually active but used condoms.pregtest -ve [ 3 Answers ]

I am not getting periods.its been 15 days.pregtest was -ve.did it 2 days bak.got my last 1 on 19th dec.got sexually active on 23rd dec but used condoms.n its 5th feb today but still not periods.I am 20.dont want to get pregnant.please help me.

View more questions Search