Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill Skidmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2017, 05:55 PM
    Gfic delayed blowing
    The problem is with a CGI switch blowing. Sometimes on a delayed basis and sometime on an immediate basis, depending o the amount of time I take in resetting the CGI.
    I Had an outdoor electrical light system and pond motors working for years. However this past year we've had an exceptional amount of rain. Now that the rain has subsided, I'm trying to get the electrical system to work again. After replacing one of two of the receptacles, the CGI won't consistently stay set. Is it still a problem with the circuit or faulty CGI??

Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2017, 06:10 PM
    If the GFCI resets, I doubt it is bad. Sounds like you may have some circuit leakage, maybe from water intrusion.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2017, 07:02 PM
    In the USA we call them GFCI, is this what you are talking about https://www.zoro.com/leviton-gfci-re...FcW4wAod3UoNvg
    If so chances are you have an actual fault, maybe a pump motor or lights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfic breaker [ 0 Answers ]

What is the correct way to install 110 gfic breaker

GFIC cercuit with a GFIC breaker at the box [ 2 Answers ]

I need a diagram for wiring a GFIC cercuit with a 25A GFIC breaker at the box.

Gfic receptacles [ 1 Answers ]

My electrician installed 1 gfic receptacle in my bathroom to cover 2 outlets and 2 gfic receptacles in my kitchen to cover 4 outlets. The person buying my coop doesn't believe that all these outlets are covered from what I had installed. Could you please explain how all the outlets are covered by...

Gfic keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

Gfic keeps tripping ? The wiring sequence is from the box to the gfic to an oulet to a switch to light fixture #1 to light fixture # 2 using 12/2 with ground. Thanks jimk49

View more questions Search