Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abstractor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2017, 09:03 AM
    Will a laptop shutdown automatically while undergoing a factory reset?
    My laptop is a typical Samsung laptop with Windows 10 installed. Usually it turns off automatically when it is idle for about 15 minutes. I know that if a laptop turns off in the midst of a factory reset, its going to cause a hell lot of problems. So I'm wondering... Will a laptop turn off automatically when undergoing a factory reset?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 6, 2017, 09:11 AM
    Yes, if it needs to.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2017, 08:09 PM
    It usually won't shut down. However, it will most likely say, new... installed, restart needed to use program or some comment like that. I get notes from HP on my Windows 10.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung s4 factory reset [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I downloaded something yesterday and I do not know what happened to my phone it deleted all my apps. If I reset to factory default will I loose all my contacts, photos etc Please I am desperate.

Android factory reset [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all, My cellphone came with Android 1.6. I updated it to Android 2.1 using OEM provided image following OEM instructions. In other words, the phone is not rooted. If I use the Factory reset option in the privacy section, would it preserve the updated os or would it revert back to Android 1.6? ...

Pt-50lc13-k factory reset? [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced the lamp. Tried the instructions to reset clock... pushing -vol on TV, and split, on remote. Hold and hold and hold... nothing. Does not reset. Probably isn't factory remote. BUT, it's a panasonic remote that works 100% on this TV. Now, is there a way to do... basically a complete factory...

Factory reset [ 1 Answers ]

I Have an ASUS A6M laptop,I want to reset it to factory setting so I can sell it with none of my info on it,I have the 2 recovery discs,but don't know how to use them as there manual is in Spanish as it was bought there can anyone help

View more questions Search