Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magnet09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2017, 05:45 AM
    Am I pregnant?. Please Read!
    Hello everyone.

Me and my partner have been trying for a baby since early December. She was previously on the implant which was removed on the beginning of December and she had it in for 6 years in total.

Once it was removed we got pregnant right away and before she had a proper period. This was in January but unfortunately later that month she bled heavily and out of the blue for about 4 days and we later found out that she had an early misacrage.

We have been trying since then and in February she had a period, it was later then normal (although her periods are very irregular and we are unsure of her cycle) this happened on the 18th of February. Since then she has been getting minor and sporadic cramps in her left lower abdomen which come and go and do not cause her any signifcant issues.

She has also been bleeding on and off since then (it is now march 5th) sometimes it is very light and watery and other times it is heavier and darker. It has happened 4-5 times since February 18th. She also experiences light cramping before these bleeds. We decided to do a pregnancy test 2 days ago (just out of interest) and to our surprise it came back pregnant and said 2-3 weeks! Prior to this test we did one about 2 weeks ago and it said negative.(this was a cheaper non digital test)

What does all this mean?!

Surely if she is pregnant then she should not be bleeding so intermittently? If it is attatchment bleeding then should it last for this long?

Obviously we are a bit worried and would appreciate any information or advice you think may be relevant or if any of you have been through something similar.

We are booked in to see a Dr next week who can hopefully shed some light on what's going on.

Thank you in advance for any replies :-)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2017, 06:53 AM
    Some women do spot or bleed in early pregnancy for various reasons. While not necessarily normal, and should be mentioned to doctor or midwife, it is somewhat common. Certainly, given the previous experience, this causes you and your partner extra concern.

Unfortunately at this point, it is a matter of time. Hopefully all is well, which is the case the majority of the time.

Wishing you and your partner well.
    Magnet09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2017, 07:26 AM
    Thank you for your reply and encouraging words. Fingers and toes are crossed :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I Be pregnant? Please read and Honest Answers PLEASE and THANK YOU! [ 9 Answers ]

Last period - June 17th Had sex on... June 21,22,27,30 July 1st, 3rd, 6,9,12, 14, 15 Ovulation day - July 1st.. Next period was suppose to be yesterday July 15th But didn't come.. I'm 2 days late today.. I checked pregnancy test both times.--- both negative.. My period NEVER came...

I need help I think I'm pregnant... read the rest of this question. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a question... I hadn't had a period for 2 years and I went to a new doctor because my other 2 doctors didn't do anything About it. So he gave me medroxyprogesterone 10 mg. It worked after I took all 10 pills. Its been 2 whole months since my period and I haven't had one since And I...

Depo-Vera & If I'm pregnant.Read [ 3 Answers ]

I took the Depo-Vera shot for the first time 3months ago. I was suppose to go for the second shot on June 18 but decided I didn't want to be on birth control anymore.So since then I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend of course. I think I've been having symptoms of being pregnant but...

I don't if I am pregnant. Read [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am a 15 year old girl and I been with my boyfrined for 4 years and I finally had sex and he can't use a condom because they brake him out but he pulls and latly "3weeks" he got some on me but I whiped it off with hot water.. and now I think I am pregnant because I am always...

AM I PREGNANT? Please read before asking.. [ 0 Answers ]

The Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy This is a question that every woman will probably ask herself at least once in her lifetime. Whether you are trying to get pregnant, this is a pleasant surprise or something unwelcome, the signs and symptoms of pregnancy are all the same. There are many signs...

View more questions Search