Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lreffner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2017, 12:22 PM
    When did I conceive
    Hello. My doc says I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant on feb. 22 2017. Idk when I conceived. My lmp was dec. 19th 2016. I had sex on vacation between dec 25-29 and then when I got back between dec 30-4th 2016. My due date is oct 6 2017. When is it most likely that I conceived?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2017, 12:31 PM
    When you had sex..
    If there is a doubt concerning paternity the only way to be sure is a DNA test after the birth.
    The dates are far too close to make even a consider guess.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2017, 12:31 PM
    Calculating conception dates is an inexact science. Either of those date ranges could have resulted in conception. This should only be an issue if you had multiple partners during those periods.

If you did, then you should inform each of your partners that they may be the father. The only way to know for sure will be a DNA test after the child is born.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2017, 04:15 PM
    Ultrasound or due date based on LMP, are a best guess, not an exact science. They can be off two weeks either way, (two weeks earlier, or two weeks later) and anything in between. In other words, with dates this close there's no way to even give an educated guess as to when you conceived. The 7 weeks 5 days guess is just a guess. My due date changed many times during my pregnancy based on the most current ultrasound, or how I was measuring, or milestones hit, and I knew exactly when I conceived.

As has already been said, if this is a question of paternity, there's no way to know who fathered the baby based on these dates. It's just too close together. You'll have to wait until baby is born and get a DNA test.

If it's not a matter of paternity, don't stress, just relax and enjoy the pregnancy, and make sure to take good care of yourself. Eat well, take your prenatal vitamins, never miss a doctors appointment.

I wish we could help, but even your doctor wouldn't be able to tell you which date you conceived.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2017, 06:05 PM
    If these are different men, there is no way to tell without a DNA test. There is no way to know when it is so close together, the best testing is give or take a week or two.
    Lreffner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2017, 08:46 PM
    What if the first encounter wasn't as successful of an ejaculation (pull out) as the second encounter?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2017, 09:51 PM
    The withdrawal method (pull out) is not reliable as there is still sperm in the early fluids. With encounter dates this close together, the only foolproof method of identifying paternity is a paternity test after the baby is born.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 2, 2017, 09:53 PM
    While there isn't supposed to be sperm in pre-ejaculate (male lubrication), the valve that holds the semen back can leak allowing viable sperm into the pre-ejaculate. Plus, depending on when he last ejaculated, there could be left over sperm in the tubes.

A brief, very simplified, lesson in conception: Under certain conditions sperm can remain viable in the female body for approximately a week. It takes a day to three days for sperm to reach the Fallopian Tubes. The sperm waits for an egg to be released. If an egg is released and fertilized, it takes another couple of days for it to travel down to the uterus and implant. Implantation is when the pregnancy begins.

Now, because sperm can survive for so long in the female body and because your dates for sex are so close together, no one can tell you for certain when you conceived. Even the earliest ultrasound which is the most accurate can be off by a week.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2017, 04:05 AM
    Sorry, but there is no way to be sure. You need to inform all partners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conceive? [ 9 Answers ]

My dr. Says that I conceived on January.16 I had unprotected sex with a friend on dec 22 before my boyfriend and I got back together is their anyway the sex on dec 22 got me pregnant? Im freaking out?

Trying to conceive? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm 20 about to be 21 on February 12 and praying for a baby me and my husband been trying seens I was 18years-old w. No luck I really think I haven't and never got pregnant because maybe this could be the reason when I was 16th/17th I had very unregular period all the time like I wouldn't get a...

When did I conceive [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering I am pregnant with fraternal twins and I am do June 27 2011 I wanted to know around when did I conceive. It doesn't have to be an exact date.

Help trying to conceive [ 3 Answers ]

I had my period last month around the 20 me and my boyfriend trying conceving right after my period and I have really tender swollen breast for the past 2 weeks and now I started cramping and bleeding today what could this mean

View more questions Search